1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CBS Sunday Morning, October 15, The NTA Convention

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

CBS News reporter Bill Geist and his crew spent four days in Billings this summer covering the National Taxidermists Association Convention. The segment will air this weekend on the CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood show. Check your local listings for times.

Here is the blurb from the CBS website: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/07/09/sunday/main13562.shtml

GEIST: Taxidermy
    You probably haven't been able to keep up with all the latest developments in the world of taxidermy but don't worry! Bill Geist is here to help. This Sunday Morning, we'll take you to the National Taxidermy Convention and Championships in Billings, Mont.

[​IMG]
    CBS Correspondent Bill Geist (left) visits with Taxidermist Tom Weickum at the 2006 NTA Trade Show in Billings, Montana.

2. gab

gab Active Member

Ken,
    I hope we get a positive spin on this;and I hope we're reflected as proffessional's and craftsmen.In the past I've done interviews with the networks and let them in my shop only to have them skew the facts to their political advantage.Has anyone with NTA seen the finished product?

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Gab,

I know exactly what you mean. It seems each time we have opened ourselves up to the mass media, it has backfired. But I am very hopeful that this report will be different.

The CBS Sunday Morning show is one of the only news programs which I actually enjoy watching. They have a very good track record of presenting upbeat stories and being very artist-friendly. Bill Geist's reports are sometimes quirky and funny, but never mean-spirited. The crew which produces the CBS Sunday Morning show does not seem to be under the control of the liberal CBS News division. I am looking forward to the show with excitement and anticipation. I hope I am not disappointed.

I doubt that anyone from the NTA has seen the finished product, because that is not the way networks operate. We didn't even know until Friday afternoon that this segment would air this weekend, and I only found out because I have been checking the CBS website for the program announcements.

4. SCT

SCT New Member

Can anyone tell me what time in the morning this show will air in the mountain region??? Steve

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Where and when tomorrow morning

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/17/sunday/main1502683.shtml

6. Gunny

Gunny Old Timer

Good job T. nice reconnaissance.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Thanks Gunny!

Any hints on who we will be looking for on the show tomorrow?

8. SCT

SCT New Member

Thanks Mr. T...SCT

9. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Thanks T. Now I gotta talk the wife into getting up and taping it for me. Gotta work tomorrow........ :p

10. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Crusty working? I'll put that on my calender,,,, tyring to get on Santas list?

11. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

Be nice, T. Sucks but somebody's gotta do it. I'd rather be out shooting something!! :p

12. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

what a disappointing five minutes. They were practically apologetic about showing taxidermy in case someone might be offended.