1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Sonnyknight, May 2, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Great looking gopher tortoise

2. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Here are a few projects i have been working on. I have bases that i am in the process of finishing for each of them, but for now, here are just the animals. The first is a juvenile loggerhead sea turtle. He will be mounted along with a coral base.

Attached Files:

3. Trapper2016

The belly side also turned out pretty good on him.

Attached Files:

4. Trapper2016

And here is a cool replica. I took a Vietnamese Golden Gecko replica from Morgans and painted it the best i could to match a Madagascar Day Gecko. He should look nice once attached to his base.

Chris

Attached Files:

5. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Wow that looks great.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

I been waiting for you Chris to post more cool stuff.as always a pleasure to see your cool reptile replicas.great job man

7. Trapper2016

Thanks for the compliments Sonny and Brian. They turned out okay and should look better when i get there bases complete. Im getting ready to start on some turtles, so hopefully they will turn out good.
    Thanks again guys
    Chris

8. Trapper2016

I finished the loggerhead turtles base tonight. It turned out okay. The coral really frustrated me, but they eventually cooperated.

Chris

Attached Files:

9. Trapper2016

From a lower perspective

Attached Files:

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

Looks great Chris.like I said always a pleasure seeing your cool replicas.look forward to seeing more.keep up the good work.

11. Trapper2016

I finished up a Star Tortoise replica today that i had been working on. He turned out okay overall. His base i was working on i can't say the same, so i will have to work on it more before posting, but the replica is done anyways. He was fun to paint and i think he will look good once i finish his base and get him secured.

Hope everyone is doing well
    Chris

Attached Files:

12. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Wow your really cranking those out lol :)

13. Trapper2016

Lol, yeah i know and thanks Sonny. I really enjoy painting these replicas. I am getting better, slowly but surely. It really made a huge difference when i switched from a Passche VL to an Iwata HP-B to work on these smaller replicas. I have a really neat desert type scene im gonna do for this tortoise, but the bondo didn't turn out like i wanted it too, so i am going to have to figure something else out. I don't know what i am going to do with all these replicas around the house, but i really enjoy them. And thanks again Brian for your previous response.

Chris

14. Trapper2016

I got the day geckos base completed today. I am satisified with how it came out, but i have got to figure out a different method for a forest floor. I have got to get away from Pete Moss and try different things.

Attached Files:

15. Trapper2016

Here is a shot from a lower level.

Attached Files:

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

Nice job chris

17. Trapper2016

Thanks Brian, i really appreciate the opinions. I got the star tortoise's base done today. Its a simple sand/desert type theme, but it works with the turtle.

Chris

Attached Files:

18. Trapper2016

Still working on several projects that are consuming alot of time. Painting an adult box turtle is alot of detail work and alot of time. I just hope it comes out halfway decent. I also have a Chameleon i am going to paint in the Panther Chameleon color scheme (or try too) and a red eyed tree frog. But i have to knock the box turtle out of the way first. Anyway i finished up a little Marbled Salamander this evening. Really a fun thing to paint and very easy compared to others i have tried. He came out pretty nice. No fancy habitat at this time. Probably will gift him to a friend. Hope everyone is doing well. I know this isn't really taxidermy but i love it when i see other people post painted replicas, so i figured id share what im working on.

Chris

Attached Files:

19. Trapper2016

Here is a view from the other side. They have a sort of gray along there backs, but in some, it actually appears almost a light blue. I may try that in the future. It gives a really cool look, kinda reminiscent of a poison dart frog.

Attached Files:

20. Brian

Brian Active Member

Way to go chris.love seeing your cool replicas.looks great man