1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's on your workbench?

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by Sonnyknight, May 2, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

I think it's great you went with the rarer harder to paint look.looks great and what a cool azz conversation piece
    .especially when you can tell people they actually exist in North East waters.make people get that spooky feeling.lol.looks great chris

2. Damon

Damon Active Member

Fuzong newt,

Stolling Fire salamander

Attached Files:

3. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Yep Chris, I like your "Fish with feet" as we like to call them, but have never seen them that color. I have only caught them in the St Croix and they are more of a muddy color there. Some folks are better off not knowing they exist.

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Damon,those are awesome man

5. Damon

Damon Active Member

also this common Garter snake.
    (before it went into it's frame.)

Attached Files:

6. Damon

Damon Active Member

Thanks Brian.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Wow snake looks mint

8. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Hello guys,

Its been a while since I have posted anything. I have been having some health problems, and haven't really been able to paint much. But i was able to paint a little this week and finish up a few pieces.

Thanks 3 bears. I probably shouldn't have gone for such an unusual color combination on the Hellbender, but i liked it. Plus, the colors were easy to figure out, lol. They are really cool. We have some here in WV but i have never seen them. Do you actually catch them on hooks?

Those are awesome Damon. Are those skin mounts or recreations? They are great either way. I have been looking for a fire salamander reproduction, but to no avail.

I have been working on a simple group piece and so far have a marbled salamander and a red eyed tree frog on the display. It will eventually have another tree frog of some type. The red eyed tree frog blank was a little dissappointing. There wasn't enough room to paint the detailed side bars, and there was some type of error in the mold making that resulted in tons of problems. I had to even scrap the 2nd blank i purchased. But no biggy, it happens i guess. But it looks okay from afar.

Thanks for looking guys
    Chris

Attached Files:

9. Trapper2016

A few other pictures of the display

Attached Files:

10. Trapper2016

I also finished up a softshell turtle I had been working on for months off and on. I have repainted the thing at least a half dozen times, and still never got the colors quite right. But I am satisfied with it I guess. Hopefully I can come up with something cool for a base.

Chris

Attached Files:

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

Mounts look sweet as always chris.love the turtle

12. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Chris that soft shell is spot on ! Awesome as always !
    Tommy

13. Damon

Damon Active Member

Thanks guys. Chris all are replicas I've done. I've painted a few versions of that fire salamander. Love the paint on the soft-shell.

Attached Files:

14. 1st snake ever, Burmese python male about 4 m long.
    Looks like crap I know, still learning (and it's not worth the effort to produce better quality for just $250 including supplies price.)
    Used fill method with vermiculite, without tutorials.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Brian

Brian Active Member

Bring this thread back to life.

16. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Your right bring this back I should have bean posting here too. Well here is the next reptile.

Attached Files:

17. Been watching this thread for awhile know, I don't mount reptiles but enjoy looking at them. great job to everybody. I can't wait to see that mounted up SonnyKnight! By the way, I really like your posts Trapper2016. Hopefully you post some more!

18. JRtaxidermist

JRtaxidermist Member

California Kingsnake replica that I recently took to the AZ Taxidermy Championships.

Attached Files:

19. That softshell is killer! Great stuff here. Brings me back to my herpetology days.

Trapper2016 likes this.
  20. Brian

Brian Active Member

Beautiful job on the Kingsnake replica.