1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A turkey we all wish we could mount!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by AFTHUNT, May 11, 2016.

1. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

This bird was shot in webster Wi. wow what a cool bird. No it is not at my shop :'( . sorry for the poor picture i got it out of the outdoor news paper.

Attached Files:

2. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

very pretty, thanks for sharing

3. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I wish that was in my shop lol !!!

Sonny

4. AFTHUNT

That would be a show stopping strutting mount.

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

It's definitely not easy to get a Bourbon Red turkey in good plumage like that, but it's possible. They really are one of the prettiest domestic breeds.

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

hope they are getting it mounted

7. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

There are natural color variations like this in Northwest Wisconsin. I personally mounted two of them...and hunted the birds that were killed by the luck hunters.

Gorgeous! I had a cherry colored hen coming through the timber calling to me...gobbler 50 yards behind her. I was so fixated on him, that until she jumped up on log 10 yards away from me, that I didn't notice she had about a 10 inch beard. Talk about regrets...cherry, and bearded. Couldn't get the gun on her:(

Here's a pic of the mount I did, back 13 years ago. Not great...but all I knew at the time.

Attached Files:

8. AFTHUNT

The Wisconsin DNR says that the coloration is caused by "erythrism" which Is a genetic mutation causes an absence of normal color pigments or excessive production of other color pigments. Yes it is getting full mount.

9. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Caused by leaving the barn door open. JK