1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Mxgurl89, May 14, 2016.

1. Looking for a professional tannery that is great with thinned skinned, fatty and greasy animals.

A friend of mine just got her batch of ranch raised foxes back (notorious for their thin and fatty skin) from Wildlife Gallery, and despite her requesting special care and expert shavers, they still came back with numerous and massive 5"-10" holes and rips. Basically looked like a hack job, or they put some beginner shaver to them. It's like WLG completely forgot how to do anything with ranched foxes (they used to be decent!)

I myself have a batch of ranch raised foxes, and other thin skinned critters that I have a LOT of money into and need to send out, but I cant trust WLG to do a decent job anymore.

So I'm looking for someone who has a great, soft and supple dry tan (suitable for taxidermy) and gets the fur soft and fluffy (not greasy) who wont turn these thin skinned animals into swiss cheese.

2. east coast tannery in telford PA they do a good job

3. barryjohnson65

barryjohnson65 Member

Yost Fur Dressing Wis.