1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Queen Mother - Ms. Lola Haynes - Passes Away on 5/21/16

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John Janelli, May 22, 2016.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

With more details to follow, it is with heartfelt sadness that our industry is informed of the passing of our dear friend and Queen Mother of the NTA, Ms. Lola Haynes. We certainly know that she is rejoined for all eternity with her dear husband Charley and the God in which they both served and loved all their earthly lives together.
    Ms. Lola had a deep abiding love and equal passionate fondness for all her NTA children and all taxidermists at the same time. Our sympathy and condolences are lovingly expressed to Ruthie Haynes Carter and all of Ms. Lola's family and friends as well.
    Rest in peace Ms. Lola, you were the Eleanor Roosevelt of our industry!

2. clewis

clewis New Member

How terribly sad. Mrs.. Lola Haynes was truly a wonderful individual. I had the pleasure of meeting her on more than one occasion and fondly remember our conversations. There is no doubt she was a special person always encouraging and supporting all things taxidermy. Her infectious smile and abiding love of taxidermy and taxidermists will be a lasting legacy for her and her family. My sincerest condolences to her family and friends.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I met her late in life but she "adopted" me very quickly and we kept in touch for years. My sincerest condolences to Ruthie and to her dear friend Ms. Pearl Henderson. Lola was a "oner" and "oners" only come once in a lifetime. Godspeed dear Lady.

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Never met her in person, but had the privileged of speaking to her on several occasions via the phone. Always supportive and encouraging. She truly loved the NTA and all it's members as her very own children. A true mothers heart in every sense of the word. She will definitely be missed. Deepest condolences to family and friends.

5. John thank you for calling me about the sad passing of Miss Lola. I only met her once but have never heard anything but good things about her. She sounded like a wonderful Lady.
    My personal sincere condolences to the family and also I'll speak the same from all of us on the board of directors of the NTA. She will be missed.

Please let us know of any further arrangements.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Gods speed dear lady, you only left a mark on me but the notes you shared with my mother also.

7. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

Thank you John for posting this. We've been hip deep in arrangements today, but I wanted everyone to know that Mom's funeral will be at the White Sanders Funeral Home in Fisk (just a few miles from Poplar Bluff), MO, on Tuesday, May 24, visitation at 1pm and funeral services at 2pm. I'll post a copy of her obituary soon as I get it finished. I don't usually have a hard time writing, but this has been a hard item to write.

And thank you all very much for your kind words; they are a balm to our sore hearts. And thank you Ms. Pearl and Angie for driving so long and so late into the night to see Mom before she died. You made her, and us, happy.

Love to all of her NTA kids from Ms. Lola's other kids (in age order):
    Ruthie Haynes Carter, dau.; Charles L. (Butch) Haynes, son; Mike Haynes, son; and Robin (Bunny) Woodruff, grand dau.

8. Instructor

Instructor Member

Rest in Peace Ms. Lola.You were truly an Icon in our Industry.I will never forget what a sincere and beautiful person you were.I know God has you at his Heavenly table.

9. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

She was a dear lady. I always enjoyed visiting with her and her family at conventions. Rest in Peace Ms Lola.

10. dianny

dianny Member

God bless you Ms. Lola.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I met her and charley at the second NTA convention way, way back in time...they were great people

12. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

My sympathy's to the family. Ms Lola was the best. I met Ms Lola and Charlie at the first NTA in Poplar Bluff , they were the most welcoming people I had ever met. They were always in my thoughts and always will be . Rest in peace Ms Lola

13. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

So sad to hear of her passing. She sure was an interesting lady. I think she had the worst phone I ever tried to listen to. Ill miss her polite frankness.

14. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Such a sweetheart and wonderful person. Will surely be missed.

15. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

So sorry to hear this. I hope she now will rest in Gods arms. She was truly a nice lady!

Rick Krane

16. Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel New Member

Mom was buried Tuesday, May 24, here at Brown Chapel Cemetery next to Daddy. Her obituary can be found at whitesandersfuneralhome.com. Thank you all very much for everything. The plant from UTA was most unusual. I didn't know flower shops could put deer into a plant!

17. boxerpet

boxerpet Harry Paulson-grateful

Just made aware of her passing . first meet her and Charlie's in Popular Bluff over 45years ago. Talked many times concerning helping the NTA Saving it from certain interior problems and take over artists. RIP sweet lady. You efforts will not be forgotten.