1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Swamp Warthog

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by AH7, May 23, 2016.

1. AH7

AH7 New Member

Something isn't adding up!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/034-VERY-LARGE-034-WILD-BOAR-SKULL-FL-SWAMP-FIND-TAKE-A-L-K-/112005464821?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

2. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

Looks like he took a long trip to go fishing or that warthog could swim really good.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Well now, you know they just pulled some live Nile crocs out of the swamplands there. Maybe there is a tunnel?

4. lokireptiles

lokireptiles Member

The niles were probably released by fish and wildlife inspection officers... Funny how they inspect international packages coming in with doors wide open. Birds, snakes etc get out and inhabit the surrounding area and proliferate then blame hobbyists for releasing them.

5. i saw that post and yeah pretty funny! i didn't know the wild boars in florida get such huge upper tusks, lol

6. i saw that post and yeah pretty funny! i didn't know the wild boars in florida get such huge upper tusks, lol

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Actually, pretty doubtful. Much the same as saying the USF&W released the tropical big constrictors in the Florida swamps and Everglades. Much the same as the snakes, the crocs were more than likely escapees during hurricane flooding. Either someones pets or from damaged pet stores. Not sure if they can be legally sold in that state but you can come up with them online easily enough. If they are not legal in that state ... and you lose them .. you can't very well report it or put up fliers. These may be recent releases or they could have been loose for some time. It seems they were caught together so someone might have just recently dumped them. If they had been loose for some time, I doubt they would have stayed together.

8. Maybe an escapee. We have some running around South Texas.