1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

need help to export mount to France

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by toitoine, May 26, 2016.

1. toitoine

toitoine New Member

Hi everybody
    I went from France to do a pronghorn bowhunt in Montana and Wyoming last last september.
    My taxidermist in Broadus Montana mounted it. It's ready to be ship but he doesn't have the international export paperwork to put with the box.
    I've a mount and then a european skull.

I called the french custom and they said i just need the invoice along with the box.
    Do you think if I don't have this international export paper done right, my parcel can't be ship overseas ?

Please feel free to give me any help or advice...

thanks a lot

Antoine

2. gab

gab Active Member

I would use a broker.matt with Genus logistics is who I've used

3. This is an old post, but this might help for future reference.
    Iungo Trophy Consulting Services had helped foreign hunters with exporting trophies from USA to any country around the world.
    Please visit our website at www.iungo-tcs.com or email us at [email protected].

4. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

I ship taxidermy mounts to France nearly every year. You must by law use a broker. It is complicated, expensive and all costs must be prepaid and it takes alot of paperwork. The taxidermist must obtain a import export permit and fill out the proper US Fish and Wildlife documents exactly correct. The most minor infraction will result in confiscation and storage fees at best and burning of the trophies by French officials at worst. I use Hunter International as a broker. They can fill you in.