1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1-on-1 Small Mammal Taxidermy Classes ~ w/Amy Ritchie Carter ~ Bobcat/Fox/Coyote

Discussion in 'Training' started by Amy, May 31, 2016.

1. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

[​IMG]

I am now offering one-on-one classes for both novice or advanced taxidermists - Improve your small mammal work!

For full details, CLICK WEBSITE BELOW:

http://www.AmysTaxidermy.com/classes.html

1, 2, or 3 day classes depending on your level of expertise and what you desire to learn!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Located in Olin, NORTH CAROLINA

These are some of the things you will learn in a
    class, with some areas being eliminated or
    expanded upon depending on your knowledge
    level and areas that need improvement:

Skinning and fleshing
    Turning the ears/lips/nose and preparing the hide for
    tanning
    Proper preparation and thinning of a tanned hide
    How to create beautiful bondo ears for both
    commercial and competition work
    Preparation of the mannikin for mounting
    Minor alterations of mannikin pose if desired
    How to set your eyes and create claywork that gives
    dynamic expression!
    How to shape a real skin nose
    Learn the anatomy and proper positioning of
    canine/feline toes
    How to properly groom your mount - the key to a fluffy
    mount that looks "alive"!
    Finish work of your final mount

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to learn how to put that SPARK of life into your small predator mounts, wait no longer!

For full details, CLICK WEBSITE BELOW:

http://www.AmysTaxidermy.com/classes.html

Bring your own animal or purchase from my list of bobcats or fox for sale!

Call (704) 437-7696 or email [email protected]

2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

The first two weeks of September are already booked solid - Thank you Kati S. and Nicole B.!! It is great to see more and more women get involved in taxidermy. My classes are a fun, safe place for women to learn from another woman! A great class for anyone, beginner or advanced, to learn small mammal techniques. Still booking spots for late September through October!

3. I can't say just how amazing this class was! I took Amy's class in Sept, just about a month ago and have nothing but positive things to say. Amy is truly an amazing artist and just a great a teacher. She worked alongside me and I was able to do my own work and mirror what she did as she went. It was really a great way to learn. I got all of the tools I needed to skin, flesh, and mount my very own bobcat. I came home with a few other animals to work on as well. I'm slowly working my way into the professional taxidermy community and couldn't be happier! I highly recommend Amy's class to anyone looking to learn from a beginner's view or someone that has been in the business a long time. She really has some amazing talents!

Thanks again Amy!!

- Nicole Baldelli

Attached Files: