1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ June Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 9~ June Edition 2016!!!!!!!

A warm hello from Littleton Colorado as I make my way down to the Colorado Taxidermist Association annual Convention! The beautiful State of Colorado is a must for Breathing Vista’s and some great fishing as well! I hope see some great work at the CTA and I hope you who attend find inspirational works of fish art and wonderful artists!

June is a great month to head out and get some fishing in or get caught up on the taxidermy projects!! I do you get to go out and do some fishing and also attend the upcoming taxidermy shows around the country in the month of June Like the New England Association of Taxidermy Show this weekend! The Value of attending a Local Taxidermy show is such a great opportunity to learn and make new friends! The opportunities are there for seminars and to be inspired by the great work you’ll see when you attend. You will make lifelong friends and if its not your first show you will have a chance to see old friends and visit with great suppliers. I hope to see you at the Colorado Taxidermy Association this first weekend in June!

2016 The year of Inspiration! This year I want to you to find inspiration in the work you do and the work of others! Each and every month folks have the courage to display there work and share their talents regardless of where they are in the pursuit of learning taxidermy to demonstrate all levels of skill. This is a great and a brave thing to give to all of us as a gift of inspiration.

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in May as the last month of the calendar year for the month in Fish pictures! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to Start June with a very special treat of fish art inspiration and a long over due welcome to the Month in Fish Pictures. Here is a young fella from Littleton, Colorado and BTW a 5 time World Champion Mr. Jeffery Mourning! I do hope you enjoy the beautiful work of Jeff Mourning!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month of June! See you in July 2016!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

TMIFP Welcomes Mr. Jeff Mourning of Littleton, Colorado!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

God Bless you one and all and I hope you all have a safe and Blessed 2016!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road Hinsdale
    New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

Timjo likes this.
  2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Awesome .......

Awesome mounts Jeff!

:)

Kerby...

3. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Inspiration for days right there...must've been something to behold such a massive amount of amazing work all in one place :O

Landlocked Atlantic Salmon form Oak Orchard River in Western NewYork here...
    For the moment this is my favorite fish that I've worked on ;D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. trophy time

trophy time " Preserving a lifetime of memories since 1990 "

Custom cast bluegill.

[​IMG]

5. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    One of the best atlantics I have seen!! :) Very nice coloring- Thanks for sharing! Ollie

6. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

That Atlantic is sweet. I emailed you about some stuff Richard. If you see this, send me an email.

Jeff is fast outgrowing the upstairs bedroom. :) did he show you the koi/frog pond?

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Wow love the alligator snapping turtle head.hey Rick any more pics of it.any blanks available for it.I love it.

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Brian, here ya go ......

Brian, I judged this piece at the 2012 UTA show in Pasco, WA. The detail in the mouth, nostrils was unbelievable!

http://www.lonesomevalleytaxidermy.com/UTA-174-800.jpg

:)

Kerby...

9. lapoisse

lapoisse Active Member

France
    the salmon is "magnifique" and i like the turtle

[​IMG]

10. Brian

Brian Active Member

Thanks Kerby.amazing

11. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

Amazing work everyone as always. This is my first fish reproduction excluded some practice half casts. Using Rick's DVD it came out okay. I messed up some things with gloss but was able to salvage some of it, regardless of how frustrating it was. But will be better prepared next time. The walnut hollow bases are really cool and affordable too.

Chris

Attached Files:

12. Timjo

Timjo Active Member

USA
    Another addition to the replica revolution epidemic.....
    [​IMG]

Not that anything is wrong with that, but it would be great to see an equal balance of real "taxidermy" skin mounts.

Keep up the good work!

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

How the hell did you get that crappie to sit still on that driftwood like that.holy chit.that's amazing timjo.wow.

14. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

@ Timjo: this crappie is once more outstanding! Amazing work!
    ...here comes a skin mount with the real head and fins. It's a rudd (Scardinius erytrophtalmus).

Attached Files:

15. Mattis, your tiny fish are just incredible. When I lived in Germany I found Rudd almost impossible to skin without knocking scales out.

Post a pic of the stickleback!

16. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Thank you John for the compliment! I really appreciate.
    ...ok, here we go. Stickleback skin mount with a size of 2.16 inches.

Attached Files:

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

Swissfish you are amazing sir.I wouldn't have a clue on even where to star.all I can say is wow.

18. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Agreed, Great work Tim.

Swissfish, your fins are absolutely amazing! Overall fantastic, like high-res.

Rick, thanks for posting Jeff's stuff. Guys, if you haven't watched Jeff Mourning paint a Brooke on YouTube, you are missing out.

Best, Scott

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Stunning work thus far. Here is another Bass Replica on a log. New Wave blank #1205
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Paired Fin Shot
    [​IMG]
    Under the Jaw details
    [​IMG]

20. Nice guys, Swissfish, that's amazing, Jimmy stunning as usual.
    Heres a blank from Mckenzie, was a dark channel cat caught in a
    conservation lake.
    [​IMG]