1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Laurier - - UPDATED ,,, DONT BUY FROM HIM !!!

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by RITAFIL, Jun 2, 2016.

1. RITAFIL

RITAFIL Active Member

NONYA
    Anyone who had dealing with this fellow name Laurier out of NWT- need feedback on product quality and delivery.
    Any help be appreciated . Thanks

2. RITAFIL

RITAFIL Active Member

NONYA
    Re: Laurier - any feedback onthis seller ????

Has anyone on this site had dealings with this seller in buying GRIZZLY or BLACK BEAR skins and having them shipped to USA ????

3. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

I sent him 5500.00 about a month ago, and still no Bears. They're being tanned, need to get cities permits etc....
    Im starting to wonder if ill ever see them. I emailed him again today, ill post back if i get an answer.

4. Bill Dishman

Last week he told me they would ship this week if dry enough. So i emailed him this morning, asking if they would ship out this week and heres his answer:

if they are dry , call me when you get this. going in the tanning today.
    thanks
    Laurier

5. Bill Dishman

Dont buy anything from this guy! Here is his original for sale post:

For Sale / 2 very large silver tip Grizzly
    « on: May 22, 2016, 08:22:27 AM »

I have 2 large silver tip grizzlies for sale WET TANNED 100 % complete for life-size both bears were taken 2 weeks ago in the N.W.T. comes with cities export permit , and 3-177 form ( u.s. fish & wildlife form )
    100 % prime right out of the dens
    1. 6'7"
    2. 6'4"

wet tanned $3000.00 each if you take both we can talk about a deal.
    PM or e-mail ONLY [email protected] for pics

I finally got them after 7 weeks and after a couple of profanity laced phone calls with lots of yelling on his end, as well as emails like this one:

-------- Original message --------
    Date: 06/29/2016 5:38 PM (GMT-07:00)
    To: dish2ndnat <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Bears

man your [expletive deleted]en high maintenance , they are drying , I am trying to get this done as fast as I can ok enough is enough man , they wil go out as soon as I get my dam permits.
    Laurier

the bears he sent me were 5'0" and 5'6" not 6'7"and 6'4" as advertised. He pulled the old switcheroo on me and sent small Bears. they are greasy, smell terrible, holes everywhere and clumps of hair coming out. Im going to send them up to my tannery and have them redone, and hope for the best. DONT BUY FROM THIS GUY!! Hes a real piece of work.

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Please post the address you send payment to so I have a record in my permanent "Do not buy from" list. The more info I have available the better to possibly help someone else keep from getting ripped off. Thanks!

7. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I`m sorry to hear you took such a beating bill. I know you run an honest business ,and you don`t deserve such poor treatment. thanks for posting.

8. michelle127

michelle127 Michelle and Ron Ream-Life Mbr - NRA,NAHC,DAV, VFW

I believe I did business with him about 7 to 10 year ago. I got two black bears they were dried hard, no problem there but they were split all the way up the belly through the neck, chin and lower law. I sold the claws and tanned them to use the fur when I needed too. Never did and decided I would never do business with him again. But that was year ago.

9. Bill Dishman

. 316 Delaware ave. North bay, Ontario CA

10. aussiesam

aussiesam I'm an Australian.

I bought a 1/2 black bear cape from this guy a few years ago. It was a long process and i now know i was over charged. $500USD +postage for a small 1/2 bear cape.
    Would i buy from him again? No.

11. Bill Dishman

I have 2 large silver tip grizzlies for sale WET TANNED 100 % complete for life-size both bears were taken 2 weeks ago in the N.W.T. comes with cities export permit , and 3-177 form ( u.s. fish & wildlife form )
    100 % prime right out of the dens
    1. 6'7"
    2. 6'4"

wet tanned $3000.00 each if you take both we can talk about a deal.
    PM or e-mail ONLY [email protected] for pics

I finally got them after 7 weeks and after a couple of profanity laced phone calls with lots of yelling on his end, as well as emails like this one:

-------- Original message --------
    Date: 06/29/2016 5:38 PM (GMT-07:00)
    To: dish2ndnat <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Bears

man your [expletive deleted]en high maintenance , they are drying , I am trying to get this done as fast as I can ok enough is enough man , they wil go out as soon as I get my dam permits.
    Laurier

the bears he sent me were 5'0" and 5'6" not 6'7"and 6'4" as advertised. He pulled the old switcheroo on me and sent small Bears. they are greasy, smell terrible, holes everywhere and clumps of hair coming out. Im going to send them up to my tannery and have them redone, and hope for the best. DONT BUY FROM THIS GUY!! Hes a real piece of work.
    [/quote]

Here it is nearly a month later and still no response. Ill say it agan, Dont deal with Laurier Houle.

12. Nightweaver

Nightweaver Member

So strange, did anyone get any updates on this? Cause I looked up his email and found this site

http://houlestaxidermy.ca/

dunno if it helps anyone any bit but.

13. Bill Dishman

I see it says on his website that he's an in-house licensed Tannery. If the junk I got from him came from a licensed Tannery, you can bet they don't have many return customers.

14. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Best bet is to STAY AWAY from this guy !

15. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I looked at his website....work looks pretty crappy for someone who has been in business since 1972 !!!!

16. Bill Dishman

Got a call from this guy about 3 weeks ago. Says he is gonna sue me for slander for posting bad things about him on taxinet.
    I told him good luck and hung up.

17. Gina

Gina New Member

Did have dealings with this guy a while back.

He over charges for his products.

Disrespectful and rude.

H sold me a bad cape. It wasnt even tanned as he promised it would be, poor quality, not turned or fleshed properly, hair coming out in chunks.

I called him and tried to talk to him about it. He got very defensive. He accused me of mishandling the cape, claimed he had 40+ years of experience and that I was some wet behind the ears whipper snapper that didnt know anything about taxidermy. He was verbally abusive and very snide.

He did finally agree to replace the cape, but the replacement I got was a bug infested acid burned cape that had obviously been stored for a long time, probably in a barn.

Save yourself the trouble, stay away from him.

18. RITAFIL

RITAFIL Active Member

NONYA
    BTT -

HE IS AT IT AGAIN - SAME BS - DIFFERENT JUNK !

[size=18pt]http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,409953.0.html[/size]

19. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

why is he allowed on here ?

20. RITAFIL

RITAFIL Active Member

NONYA
    Good question , POS... btt