1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammals of the Month - June 2016

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by code6202, Jun 5, 2016.

1. :D Post up some mounts!!

[​IMG]

2. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Beautiful fox, Codi! I love that cherry red fur.

C'mon now, folks, post some mounts.. I've upped the ante .. we are only 7 days into June and I have mounted 3 full body wolves since the beginning of the month. I think I'm about ready for a vacation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. This one is my own personal lion. Took me almost 6 years to get around to mounting it.

[​IMG]

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

the wait was worth it...great looking lion

5. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

Yes, beautiful lion!!

6. Thank you very much!!!

7. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

Looks great Danny!

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Amazing fox and wolves.

9. RTF

RTF Active Member

LOL! Anybody who ever ends up working for you better have a lot of Red Bull stocked in the cooler.

10. Well ok, I will share then, nice fox, lion and wolves.
    Heres a variety from last months work.
    [​IMG]

Fox had short tail, not slippage :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Threerivers

Threerivers Member

Absolutely beautiful mount everyone, I really love the detail excellent job!!!

12. balsamln

balsamln New Member

WI
    Life size bear are so much more fun than the 3/4 life size.

Attached Files:

13. Trapper2016

Trapper2016 Thanks for this awesome forum!

I mounted this ferret up last month and it has been sitting around while i tried to think of an appropriate base habitat. I originally wanted him in a habitat with complete grass coverage on the base, but wasnt sure how that would work, so i went with this spring/summer theme.

Attached Files:

14. Naturalist

Naturalist Member

Brought the skin of a wolf. Little has survived from the lips, eyelids and inner ears. After work - here is the result.

Attached Files:

15. Some awesome work posted this week! Love the fox and wolves and that lion just Wow! The pied otter is a beauty and nice work on the wolf rug. I think the spring scene works on the ferret. I just finished some bear rugs and am fixing to start on a half lifesize 600lb bear I hope it comes out good too.

Here's my first ever red fox. I mounted a silver once so this is my second fox.

[​IMG]

16. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

red fox looks great...you are getting better and better all the time. .you should be proud of it for only your second one

17. Naturalist

Naturalist Member

DogSoldierChick, Your Fox with beautiful eyes - lovely! Thank you for rating! Amy, Your work is fascinating! All works fine.

18. nate

nate Active Member

For your second fox, that thing sure turned out nice!! Excellent work dogsoldierchick!!

19. Thanks everyone. I learned a lot on it and can't wait to do another one. I get tons of bobcats but foxes are a rarity around here.

20. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

I suppose rugs count lol Anyone ever do something like a heads up bobcat rug? Something so the facial ruffs hang more appropriately? Just something I was thinking about while doing this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]