1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hard Spring for Tri-Ponds

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Tri-Ponds Taxidermy, Jun 7, 2016.

1. If any of you have been trying to get hold of me this spring sorry for not getting back with you. It all started in Feb when my Mom got the news she had Stage 4 colon cancer. My Dad was also sick, Well it came to a head in April when my Dad ( my Rock, My John Wayne) passed away on the 16th. Hard to take but I got back in studio & got some work done.
    My Mom & girls took a nice trip to Myrtle Beach the last week of April getting to spend some great time with their Grandma. Well on May 31st she passed away. She had a lot of her arrangements all set but me & Julia still spent most of last week running around getting accounts closed out, funeral stuff, lawyer, etc. Long week. Funeral was yesterday & I do plan on getting back in studio by Thursday. Today I just chilled as I feel like I have been run over by two trains. :'(

New phone number, (315)-286-5939

Thanks
    Gregg Ielfield

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    My condolences to you and your family Gregg.

3. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about you loss...... It can be rough loosing a loved one....

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Very sorry to hear Gregg, my condolences to you and your family.

5. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Gregg,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Take some time for yourself. I can speak from experience having lost both my parents to cancer. It will take some time for you to get back into the normal rhythm. You will never get over it, and you will always miss them but it does get better with time. My Mother passed in November of 2012. Tomorrow would have been her 72 birthday. Its crazy, but everyday my interactions with my own kids remind me of my parents. Thank god I turned out to be my Father and Mother's son. If only the rest of the world could be blessed to have parents like ours, it would definitely be a better place.

Best wishes

6. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

So sorry to hear Gregg and Julia, my condolences to you two and your family. That's a very tough loss..

Tom

7. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Gregg.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Very sorry

9. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Sorry to hear of your loss.

10. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Sorry to hear about that Gregg, keep your head up!
    Jim

11. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

My condolences Gregg.

12. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Gregg & Julia!

My Prayers for your parents - that was a hard hit! Our Family prayers will also include you both. My sincere condolences to you!

Bruce Rittel

13. AliciaG

AliciaG Museum taxidermist and exhibit preparator

So sorry to hear Gregg, my condolences to you and your family. I don't know you, but I feel your loss. I lost my dad to stage 4 melanoma just a few weeks ago. We had no idea anything was wrong until he experienced stroke-like symptoms in late March, and that's when they found the 20+ tumors in his brain. While the times are tough, I'm especially thankful for the line of work we're in. It helps to stay busy and pour yourself into something that makes you happy. Take good care. -Alicia

14. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

My Condolences Gregg. I can kind've relate the double whammy as years ago both of my parents were diagnosed with different cancers and both died at a relatively young age in my house within a few months of each other. It was a very rough year for everybody. Getting back into your shop and just doing stuff your comfortable doing without much thought is the best thing for you right now. Time will help. But, you need stability and no change for quite a while for your sanity. Again, so sorry to hear...

15. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Sorry for your loss Gregg I lost my wife last month and I'm still getting her affairs in order, so I know how you feel. Jean

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Very Sorry to hear that Gregg.

17. I am so sorry for you Gregg. I know the pain cancer can cause to a family. My prayer are with you and yours.
    Brian

18. dianny

dianny Member

I am so sorry that you and your wife have suffered two losses so close together. Our prayers are with you and Julia.
    Dan and DiAnn Schlabach

19. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Can't imagine. God Bless to you and yours.

20. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to you and family.

Fred Barilla and family