1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Arp DABK103 Brook Trout

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by CCarlson, Jun 13, 2016.

1. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

Does anyone have a picture of this blank? I hate it that McKenzie doesn't have good pictures of blanks - Its nearly impossible for me to sell a fish without the customer seeing the blank.

Thanks!

2. The 103 blank is also used for cutthroat, rainbow, and browns... so, I'm pretty sure the body isn't actually a brookie. I don't like the head on that blank, but it could be that whomever assembled it at McKenzie just didn't put it on as best they could... though it is tough putting the wrong head on the wrong body no matter who you are. Here's what the fish looks like, nevermind the paint job.

[​IMG]

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Based on what I've seen on this forum you captured the looks better than most. Actually the head looks like a brookie of late summer when the males begin to morph into their hooked jaw. JL

4. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

Thanks for the help!!

5. Thanks JL, I just didn't like how the head was tipped down; it seemed to me that it should have been lifted up a touch. Probably just my preference though. Overall, I have no complaints with the Arp originals, given the price and how fast they're at your door!

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

Really nice Pete...!