1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NC SHOW Convention & Seminars INFO...JULY 28,29,30

Discussion in 'Training' started by jakerouse79, Jun 14, 2016.

1. jakerouse79

jakerouse79 New Member

NORTH CAROLINA TAXIDERMIST'S 35TH ANNUAL CONVENTION & COMPETITION http://northcarolinataxidermistassoc.com/

Hi Everyone!
    My name is April (logged in under my husband lol)...I'm the current NCTA Secretary and wanted to share all the info about our 35th Annual Summer Show coming up!! It's going to be a GREAT show, so start making plans NOW!!

We have some incredible judges lined up....Including not One, but TWO, Two-Time World Champions!!
    Birds- Page Nethercutt
    Fish/Reptiles- Frank Kotula
    Gameheads & Lifesize- Chris Horne
    Whitetails- Gene Smith
    Original Art- Darlene Tarleton
    Amateur/Youth Fish & Reptiles- Paul Miller
    Amateur/Youth Whitetails, Gameheads, Lifesize- Justin Hinson
    Amateur/Youth Birds- Kale Hartman

We also have a Speed Mounting competition scheduled for Thursday night that is going to be a lot of fun.... we still have a few spots open, so better hurry if you want to sign up! Top 3 winners will be awarded plaques (And bragging rights of course! lol), and 1st Place will also win $100! Oh...and you were able to mount a customer's piece while having fun doing it! (you have 3 hours to mount a mammal or bird...judged at commercial level) ....If you would like to sign up, please email me at [email protected]

Friday night we will have a Kids Movie/Pizza night so you can drop off your kids and head over to the auction, which always promises a few laughs!

We have some really great seminars scheduled as well...including how to cast your own hand!! (show schedule at bottom of this post)

And don't forget about our supply vendors that will be there with Show Discounts to save you some $$ on forms and materials!!

SHOW IS JULY 28,29,30....AT THE VILLAGE INN & EVENT CENTER...6205 RAMADA DRIVE, CLEMMONS, NC 27012 www.thevillageinn.com
    NCTA Special Room Rate is $84/night....BUT YOU MUST CALL AND RESERVE ROOM BY JUNE 26 FOR THIS RATE!

If you have never been to a North Carolina Show, I can promise you that you have been missing out!!! NC puts on a great show and it's a given that you will leave with tons of information you've learned and some new friends!! So please come and join us....start making those reservations today, and we will see you in July!!

If you have any questions or would like to Pre-Register for the show, please email me at [email protected]

April Rouse
    NCTA Secretary

THURSDAY, JULY 28th
    10:00AM – 1:00PM Set up Competition, Supply and Registration Areas
    1:00PM – 3:00PM Board Meeting
    3:00PM – 6:00PM Registration Open- Competition Entries Received – Supply Room Open
    5:30PM – 7:30PM SEMINAR: Page Nethercutt- Bird Anatomy & movement
    SEMINAR: Paul Miller- Casting your hand
    7:30PM – Until HQ Taxidermy Supply Meet & Greet in Supply Room
    8:30PM – 11:30PM Speed Mount Competition

FRIDAY, JULY 29th
    8:00AM – 11:00AM Registration Open – Competition Entries Received
    8:00AM – 10:30AM SEMINAR: Gene Smith- Whitetail Deer Mount
    SEMINAR: Frank Kotula- Painting a Bass
    9:00AM – 11:00AM Supply Room Open
    11:00AM-11:30AM Speed Mount Competition last adjustments
    11:00AM – 2:30PM Tanglewood Cookout Sponsored by McKenzie – eat at noon
    2:30PM – 5:00PM SEMINAR: Chris Horne- Boar Mounting
    SEMINAR: Paul Cales- Pro 1 tanning with reduced salt
    3:30PM – 6:30PM Registration Open – Competition Entries Received – Supply Room Open
    (No Mounts Received After 6:30PM Friday)
    7:00PM – 8:00PM Competition Room Viewing & People’s Choice Voting
    8:00PM – 10:00PM Kids Pizza/Movie Night (Bring sleeping bag/blanket, and pillow to lay on to watch movie)
    8:00PM – Until Auction & Door Prizes

SATURDAY, JULY 30th
    8:00AM – 10:00AM SEMINAR: Billy Robertson- Things Concerning Mammals
    Supply Room Open
    10:00AM – 12:00PM General Membership Meeting – Vote for Officers & Board Members- PLEASE ATTEND
    12:00PM – 3:30PM Competition Room Open – Ribbons in Place – Critiques with Judges
    3:00PM – 5:15PM SEMINAR: Justin Hinson- Coyote Pedestal mount/minor alterations with cast parts
    SEMINAR: Children’s Seminar
    6:15PM – 9:00PM Banquet – Awards Presentation – Silent Auction
    9:00PM – 10:00PM Pick up Mounts (No mounts removed until After the Banquet) – Breakdown competition room (help needed)