1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fat Vac

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by whitetails and fish only, Jun 16, 2016.

1. This may be an old subject, but I have just recently heard of a tool called a fat vac and am wondering if it works and if so , where can they be bought. Thanks, Dan L.

2. nate

nate Active Member

I bought one from Mckenzie about 10 years ago. Do your self a favor and learn from my mistake. Don't waste your money. If you plan on doing any amount of birds in the future, you'll be money ahead if you just go and invest in a van dyes bird fleshed now.

3. Agree with Hate. Stay away.

4. x2 on the VD bird flesher. I have messed around with a homemade flesher, wire brushes and all of that mess. I had the privilege of using another taxidermists VD flesher a few weeks ago with the double wheel and it was an OMG game changer moment for me. I cut my fleshing time in less than half and that thing runs like a Cadillac.

5. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    VD flesher is the way to go. I too had a homemade flesher for a long time. My dad got me the VD flesher for my birthday and I wouldn't go without it. If mine went out today I would break the bank buying another one.