1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Who makes this Turkey wall base?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Jun 16, 2016.

1. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Anyone know who makes this? Or do you think the guy built it himself?

[​IMG]

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have never seen it in any catalogs. It looks custom made to me.

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Any of the panel makers could make that for you....try Peedee deer ???? (right name) Also Wildlife Panel in NY 1-315-589-5148 Mike Gelina. Over the years he has made me panels from line drawings I sent him. He's a good one for sure. JL

4. BrookeSFD16

Thanks. We made one. I'll post pics once I mount the Turkey...won't be till after the Texas Show.:D

5. BrookeSFD16

[​IMG]

We used 2 craft panels from Hobby Lobby and a 2x4 that we put on the belt sander and gave a little curve. Stained and sealed.

6. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

That's a nice strutter Brooke. Wish you had a view of just the panel but looks sweet!

7. lov2bhntn

lov2bhntn www.tailfeatherstaxidermy.com

PM me. I just had my wood guy custom make me one just like that.

8. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Awesome turkey

9. That turned out awesome Brooke!

10. BrookeSFD16

Thanks y'all. Here it is finished and a better pic of the base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Brooke that looks awesome. Did you purchase the Bark Edge round from Hobby Lobby? If so, that is ours that we supply into Hobby Lobby.

12. BrookeSFD16

Yes I did! I never even noticed it was y'alls. Thank you for the compliment. The base turned out well and allows the Turkey to be hung on the wall out of reach of kids and dogs.

This customer is a Louisiana State Trooper. I texted him that his mount was ready and as always I reminded him of my pickup deadline. (1 week). He texted back and asked if I could hold on to it, he'd pay the penalty, because he had gotten sent to Baton Rouge to help with the "protesters". I told him I'd keep it, no charge and for him to grow eyes in the back of his head.

13. Awesome bird!! Love the base setup.