1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Laws on Peacocks

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Thunderstorm6274, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Thunderstorm6274

Thunderstorm6274 New Member

Does anyone know if there are any special laws on mounting Peacocks? I've contacted the division of wildlife and they're pretty vague on their answers. Also, is there anything different that you would do on a Peacock than on any other bird? Thanks for the help.

2. jwprentice1

jwprentice1 New Member

Unless your state has some quirky law regarding Peacocks there should be no issue with mounting one. They are not migratory so not covered by International Bird Treaty. Go for it.

3. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Shhhhh !.......California might see this and give them ideas.

4. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

They're just big chickens as far as the law is concerned.
    The biggest problem with them is digging the fat out from in between the train feathers. It's a pain, but it has to be done.

5. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

This may help

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,247326.0.html

6. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Remember Wingman.... ah the good old days

7. smitty0810

smitty0810 Member

Very curious as to why you say remember wingman? Did he just up and stop posting here? I follow his facebook page and didnt even relize it was the same person until i looked at his account. Ive read his tips countless times.

8. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

He and others over the years have gotten tired of the drama here and left this site. It's a shame because they brought a ton of knowledge.

Wingman, RDA, Alex, just to name a few.

9. Thunderstorm6274

Thunderstorm6274 New Member

Thank you, I appreciate the help on this. I'm also assuming that there is no CITES tag needed on Peacocks?

10. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Peacocks are domestic birds. There should be no regulation on them and certainly no need for a CITES tag.