1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Getting emails from "Taxidermy Reviews" website???

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Sea Wolf, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Been getting these recently from an unknown party. Taxidermy Reviews. The Good, the bad and the ugly.

RECOMMEND you do NOT click any links in the email. Links appear to be clickbaiting or clickjacking ones. Looks like they are somehow harvesting contact emails off of this site and others. Not a site set up by a valid taxidermist or anyone else in the business. I've had several emails so far and have deleted them without clicking on any links.

2. AliciaG

AliciaG Museum taxidermist and exhibit preparator

I got one this afternoon too. Seems fishy...

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

Just got one in my email.page was green with taxidermy review crap all over.definitely seemed fishy,/odd

4. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Re: Getting emails from "Taxidermy Reviews" website???

I got one too

5. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

me too. just deleted it. when we get phone sales calls we have a real loud shrill whistle we keep by the phone and give them that. then they hang up.

6. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I used to do that also. The problem today is most calls are robocalls and I am not going to Press (whatever) to talk to an operator.

7. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

FUNNY STORY. ABOUT 40 YEARS AGO ONE EVENING i GOT A SALES CALL TRYING TO SELL LOTS AT FOX CLIFF ESTATES. i LET HER RAMBLE AND PERIODICALLY MADE FART NOISES. FINALLY SHE SAID MR WENDT i SUPPOSE YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY, THEN SHE HUNG UP. WASN`T 3 MINUTES LATER AND THE PHONE RANG AGAIN. i SAID HELLO AND HEARD FART NOISES AND A BUNCH OF WOMEN IN THE BACKGROUND LAUGHING. i HAD TO LAUGH. i SHOULD HAVE ASKED HER OUT ON A DATE AS SHE WAS MY TYPE OF WOMAN.

8. Sea Wolf

Foxcliff Estates? Damn Bob, no you wouldn't want to live there. Controlled by an Association sort of place. Housing for rich old people that just want to sit out on the deck and not do anything else with their life. First dead coyote you string up in the yard they would be calling the cops. :)

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I got two or three emails from them and deleted them. Bunch of crap IMO.

10. RTF

RTF Active Member

I got emails from them too. Bunch of BS. Like we need them to get clients. Whatever.

11. Sea Wolf

What annoys me is that my email isn't actually listed anywhere. I don't advertise because word of mouth alone has me swamped so he got the email addresses he had by some lowlife means. There is a link on the email bottom to be removed from his mailing list but it is a BS one. It doesn't work.

I sent him an email directly at [email protected] . Told him point blank that he didn't have my permission to have or be using my email address and to remove it from his database immediately. Any further contact will be reported as Spam and harassment.

Might be what others have to do as well. It's not an honest site. Full of other links to money scams and BS.

12. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

I've been getting them too, but labeling them as 'spam' seems to have stopped them from getting to my inbox.

I also got an email the other day from one Mrs. Michelle Obama wanting me to know that her husband Mr. Barack Obama had 10.6 million dollars for me for...uh...reasons. All they needed was some banking information and they'd release the funds right away. They also wanted me to send them my email address and password to keep my email from quote "Getting hijacked".

13. OfSoulandSin

OfSoulandSin Member

Montana
    I received one as well the other day, but not to the email I have associated with my taxi.net account. I actually received the e-mail shortly after placing an order to Research Mannikins, and it was to the email I used with that order, so it could be potential release of information by vendors or marketing advertisements of some sort as well. Didn't even open it to see what it was about, just deleted it.

14. Sea Wolf

I've been deleting them every few days now. They do go to Spam but they shouldn't be there to begin with. When I get annoyed, I break out the stupid stick and use the pointy end.

15. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

The last one ......

The last one had a Texas address listed. I should have written it down.

:)

Kerby...

16. Brian

Brian Active Member

Had another just a few minutes ago.didn't open it just deleted it.

17. RTF

RTF Active Member

Just got another one and reported it as Spam via Google Gmail. If any of you are getting these via Gmail I highly suggest you report as Spam. If more then a couple of accounts do this Google will black list them and then google will give the slap and start moving the site deeper into search results.

18. Taxidermy Reviews
    4385 High Noon Drive
    Bulverde, TX 78163

19. googled the address and it looks like.... Shawn langford, Castle systems Inc, and taxidermy reviews

20. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

I started getting them after the Texas State Show.