1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Northern New England Taxidermy Championships

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by kittydogg, Jul 5, 2016.

1. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Tim I misread your post, I thought you were talking about last year. My apologies. Last year was my first maine show and it was great! I met a lot of new people and all the judges were amazing. I didn't say anything then that I'm unsure of now. Myself, Matt marulli, and Bill Dunn had a brief discussion about the WASCO and the criteria, that was all!
    As for me being able to "throw" a bird together in 2 weeks, it doesn't work like that! Especially if you're in the masters or the division of excellence, that type of work doesn't happen in a week or 2....

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Tims, I get the feeling that Matt may be closer to the point. I find it hard to believe you told Ryan "It shouldn't be hard for you to put a bird together." REALLY? Now if you'd said that to me, you'd be pretty close and the results I'd get would reflect just what a poor bird guy I am. HOWEVER, Ryan does competition quality work commercially but I'm sure HE wouldn't settle for a commercial mount to be in a competition. I've heard guys for years talking about spending 100 hours on a show mount. The birds I saw a few weeks back at the NTA show had to have taken at least that much effort. A bird never flew that looked as perfect as the specimen I saw and they damned sure weren't "put together" very quickly.

3. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

This is a great idea...

4. Like Jerry said about Texas....we too, here in West Virginia, welcome all comers to our convention and competition. We love it when the gunslingers show up and if they win it all....good for them !