1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey.

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by FiremanBrad, Jul 5, 2016.

1. How did I do?? My first try at a bird!!!

[​IMG]

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Is there a wire up through the vertebra or are they just glued to each other? I still have yet to tackle a bird myself.

3. Yes, copper wire. Now I need to mount it to a board!!

Here's what he looked like before, my first with a flintlock!!

[​IMG]

4. Sea Wolf

High marks for that. I've shot black powder before. Not always the most reliable aim or firing.

5. I've killed 12-15 birds with a percussion double 12, but this is my first with a flintlock! Really fun!!!

6. Sea Wolf

LOl. Wait till you pull the trigger .... and it doesn't go off. :)

7. It was a damp, rainy morning, although I was in a pop up blind, plus the gun had been loaded for 2 weeks!!!

8. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I recently did my first bird skull. It was also a turkey that I killed. It was a lot easier than I imagined it to be. I macerated it and put it all together with help from an old post on here.

I hunt deer and elk with my smoke pole here in the coastal rain forests of Oregon where it rains almost all of hunting season. I load it once and hunt for weeks sometimes and never had a misfire. Mine is a cap lock and my buddies is a flintlock. He has never had a misfire during hunting season. I sure have seen a lot of misfires in my day though.