1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Carolin Brak-Dolny, Jul 13, 2016.

1. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    No one mentioned metallic testicles Jim. People's opinions are what they are. Refute them at will by all means.

2. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I really don't get it. What is the complaint here. I've judged many shows and I have competed in many shows. I've won some and I've not done as well in others. Having been on both sides of the scoresheet all you can expect is a judges opinion supported by reference and how the judge interprets the reference. As a judge I don't care if I know who's piece it is or not, you will get an honest judgment of your entry. As a competitor I could care less if the judge sees me with my entry. Judges either know for sure who's is who's or has a pretty good idea if they have been in the circuit very long. What difference does it make? Is there politics in all of this, you bet there is. I've been on the bad side of situations and at the highest level but yet it doesn't deter my desire to compete. From reading some of these posts it seems that some of you want to take out the 'human element' in competitions, it ain't happening.....

3. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

+1

4. Fred Vanderburgh

Fred Vanderburgh Member

NTA Press Release: As the NTA Competition Chairman I need to explain what the NTA Board of Directors voted on concerning NTA Competition Rule changes.They are as follows:

Division of Excellence - Any Registered NTA member can enter this division of competition however, this is the toughest level of competition.

Open Division- This division is geared toward professional taxidermists and judged less critical than the Division of Excellence.

Novice Division -This division is open to any NTA Registered member to enter. This division is for beginning taxidermists.

Masters Choice Division-Judges, competition staff or North American Champions who do not want to compete in the Division of Excellence (This division is voted on by the taxidermists registered at the NTA Convention and not eligible for any other NTA Awards)

There will still be an Award of Excellence that a competitor can earn but it will no longer be required to compete at the Division of Excellence

Any other changes to the NTA Competition Rules and Awards will be posted on the NTA website early in 2017 long before the NTA Convention in Utah.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

+2

6. Carolin Brak-Dolny

Carolin Brak-Dolny Active Member

Thank-you for all your opinions, It was very enlightening.