1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Apoxie sculpt Vs Fixit sculpt for antler repairs

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Rgvmelb, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

I've read so much I've forgotten half of it, but Fixit seems to be prefered over Apoxie sculpt for antler repairs. And it seems people suggest it colours better too, but how does it take the potassium permanganate compared to Apoxie sculpt? I struggled with painting my last repair using Apoxie, but in the end I ended up using PP and it came up pretty good. So wondering if I'd be better using the Fixit to get the job done. If I do this repair it's going to be pretty full on for me so I want to go about it right.

Thanks.

2. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Very hard to beat Seam and Repair Putty....imo ..it takes stain very well and I can apply it to the antlers with no sanding.....it feathers like no other...

3. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

Thanks mate. Where can I get it?

4. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Epo-Grip Seam & Repair Putty is stocked by McKenzie's Taxidermy Supply or direct from Newton Supply Company Inc. Mami, Florida

5. Rgvmelb

Rgvmelb Member

Thanks Boxie, I'll suss out McKenzies. I'm in Australia so we can't get all the goodies like you blokes.

6. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Your welcome !