1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wide mule deer form

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Tenguns, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Tenguns

Tenguns New Member

Wide headed mule deer - full and semi sneak . Others can't be splitting each one or just building get up the muzzle. Who offers a muley form with a mature CO, NV, WY sized head?Mckenzie is too petite in many cases. Im talking about a the big mature bucks between 200, 350 lbs with big heads. Tried Coombs, Mckenzie,.. Van Dykes HC, gets expensive so I thought I'd ask. Don't mind mods but not on every mount. Recommendations for big deer with that heavy top notch? Should I try Jonas or Research or buckeye, or x?

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Headquarters taxidermy supply. Research heads are fairly petite as well.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

By Research, I meant Mike Frazier's forms. I have only used Lancaster's once and don't recall the particulars of that form.

4. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

As tanglewood said, Aaron Connellys forms from HQ seem to have the widest heads throughout all his sizes. Some of lancasters forms are a touch wider than fraziers out of research as well.

5. Tenguns

Tenguns New Member

I have one Jetz form to try but he doesn't make a sneak.

Haven't tried Lancaster... will take a look.

I liked the raw look of the face on the high country van dykes but the chest and shoulders are disproportionately small for a big deer and that's on their largest form. I guess that's to make the neck look more substantial. Easy fix - but it would be nice to find a full sneak with that heavy top notch, muzzle and a reasonably proportioned chest for that heavier deer.

I've done a couple Meeder offsets - full sneak and with a change out head or heavily modified and they look good... but there must be something out there in a muley full sneak which will get close for those "toady" looking bucks with that steer head on them without 2 lbs of clay. :D

Ordered and browsed Headquarters' catalog too - thanks!

6. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

Jets Taxidermy supply in Kerrville Texas. Very nice big mulie manikins.