1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for large rainbow trout replica blank

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Kristiwiebe21, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kristiwiebe21

Kristiwiebe21 New Member

hey guys,
    I had a customer inquire if I could find a replica blank for his huge rainbow trout he caught and released
    the measurements are 39 inches in length and the girth is 27 inches. I cant seem to find any replicas with a girth even close to this....any ideas where to look??
    any help is appreciated!
    Thanks a bunch

2. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Do you have a pic of the fish?? Sounds like a steelhead blank is what you are looking for. I would look at Dave Campbell's blanks.

3. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Check with Uncle Dave. I'm pretty sure he just molded a jumbo but I haven't seen the size listed. Might be on his website.

4. Kristiwiebe21

Kristiwiebe21 New Member

Thanks guys!
    I'll look into that,
    I tried to upload a pic but doesn't seem to want to let me from my phone .
    I'll try and get it figured out :)

5. jimss

jimss Active Member

This guy has all kinds of state and world record trout blanks but he usually does the taxidermy himself. I checked into buying just a blank once and it was super pricey. From the measurements it sounds like yours is a Saskatchewan rainbow? He's done quite a few from there. http://www.trophytroutguide.com/taxidermy.htm

6. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

http://www.trophytroutguide.com/taxidermy.htm

Actually, an agent for a taxidermy company (in CA).

7. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

Research Mannikins has a hen rainbow that's 30 3/4" long, by 26" girth, PRO-181. Don't know the quality, though.

8. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

The biggest Rainbow blank I have is 39x25 female (RW-22) and a male which is not listed in the catalog. Quite difficult to add 2 inches on the girth but not impossible.

9. Sotired

Sotired Active Member

THAT will teach me to read better!!! I thought the original post said 29 inch length, instead of 39 inch! :-[

~S

10. Kristiwiebe21

Kristiwiebe21 New Member

Sorry guys I haven't been able to get to a computer to upload a pic, this help is greatly appreciated.
    I'll talk to the guy tomorrow and see what he thinks about the RW-22 39x25 . If that's something he is interested in I'll be getting a hold of you "envision 3D studio Inc"
    You guys are great ! :D