1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Spending Time At Ken's

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by DL, Jul 25, 2016.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Just spent a week in Canada with noted singer Ken Walker. He also dabbles in taxidermy. Here's a couple of giant Black Bears he did for a museum. Cute little buggers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Never did get used to driving a car KPH. The sneaky suckers have cameras to catch you speeding. Hopefully I don't get a letter from alberta in a couple months. If I drove 110kph down here Id get run off the freeway.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Dave squared those bears out at 9 each!

3. Allie

Allie Active Member

Do bears lie down with their back legs out like that? If so, I think Betty is part bear. Even her head looks a little like a bear head.
    Carcass cast, I assume?

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Skywalker

One carved, and one carcass cast! We trap clay mice in my shop!

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have seen adult bears lying down like that. They look like they are swimming on land, only stationary.

7. DL

DL Well-Known Member

On the dark side of my Canadian trip was a serious run in with LBGT. That stands for lesbian, gay or transgender Tick. One of those Canadian buggers made its way into my nether region and Attacked MR Johnson. Nothing is more frightening than an exploded tick in your skivvies. He must've hit a main vein and exploded. I have a woman Dr and was dreading having to go see her. it appears now that won't be necessary.
    I know this is TMI, just a warning to travelers.

8. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Been there done that. On the up side, the wife will be happy until the swelling goes down! LMAO

9. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Do they have lime's up there? Not the tequila kind, but the tick kind.

10. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Those bears are absolutely adorable! Great job!

11. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Ken does amazing work.

12. Skywalker

I have never had a tick on me up here in my entire life, but I had a flea bite me once on the, er.. anyway after an allergic reaction the ex overdosed me on Benadryl and I sat there for hours catatonic and drooling.

13. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Catatonic and drooling? Are you sure it isn't from the foam you're using?