1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Invited to China!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Skywalker, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I got my official invitation to China so I can apply for my visa! Guess who gets to mount a Panda? ;D

2. Skywalker

Apparently young Mr. Meng is also headed over there! may have to pool our efforts.

3. AliciaG

AliciaG Museum taxidermist and exhibit preparator

Holy smokes! Congrats!

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I see a lot of casts coming home with you.
    What a wonderful opportunity.

5. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

lucky ass

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Awesome!!

7. If you have time it would be cool to see the pics. good luck

8. Skywalker

I will take plenty. I hear they have different rules about social media there so it would be after I get back. I am looking very forward to the food!

9. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I have s friend that travels to China reguarly. He spent a three hour flight inside the restroom on the plane from something he ate there.
    Real Chinese food is nothing like what we eat here.

10. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Good for you. Just a tad jealous though. I don't care for most Chinese foods but would love the opportunity to travel there and just the chance to mount a Panda would be unbelievable.

11. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Since you like seafood this might be right in your wheelhouse.

[​IMG]

12. Skywalker

I'll eat it!

13. Hey DL all of asia moto is if it moves its fair game.

14. DL

DL Well-Known Member

UGH

15. bananas!

bananas! Member

Congratulations on this incredible opportunity! I can't wait to see the pics. If you're headed to Chengdu brace yourself for some great food --especially the hot pot! Safe travels! :)

16. Ken, PAs' own Matt Zimmerman and his awesome wife Renee are going over to China this fall to do some reptile mounting seminars. get in touch that would be great if you guys were over there at the same time!

17. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Thought you might need some direction before heading over, on mounting a Panda.
    Start with a good bear cape. Section it out by what you see by white and black.
    Send area's that need to be white off and have them dyed white.
    When they return, stitch pieces back together and mount patchwork skin over sasquatch mannikin which are readily available most everywhere.
    Should work perfectly for you. GL LOL

18. Skywalker

Nice Tim! Nope, we're talking the real deal this time. And Red Pandas too from what I've been told as well. Thanks Michelle, There are a number of different groups bringing over taxidermists. I can't keep track of who is who over there. I know Glen Browning was there as well.

19. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Beware!!! Too many taxidermists are being invited over. Something sinister is afoot. I hope all of them don't end up in a chinese sweat shop making forms or mounting animals. We may never see or hear from you again.
    Hmmm, maybe Joe Kish might want to go.

20. bzb_1

bzb_1 Member

I've been. Wow! Your lucky. It was an amazing trip. Food was incredible. Too many people. I really did have a great time.