1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Urethane Liquid Plastic Question

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by Triple R, Jul 25, 2016.

1. I am getting ready to order some urethane plastic and was wondering if there is a big difference between smooth on's smooth cast 320 and Innivative Polymers IE3025? I can get 320 for like $85 for a gallon and IE3025 is like $124 a gallon. Thats a big difference in price, just wondering if it is that much better and if so what makes it better?

2. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Jillian@AnglersArtistry Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

In this economy cost is always a consideration as it is for all of us. But a tire is not a tire and casting material is not the same as well. Rick used SO for years and when he meet the flocks at IP now RAMPF he had the same concern but once he put the products to the teat he was convinced that his decision was the best on for the school and for Anglers Artistry museum projects. Example there was recently a project of historical value that needed to have products teated out for longevity, durability and performance as per the specification of this project and several companies were involved it didn't come down to loyalty but the need for historical longevity and performance and in this case the Rampf products were what meet the requirements. There are many good products out there and it comes downs to cost and performance some times. In the case of 320 series the performance is different for example the Flexural Modulus's 132,000 psi where the 3025 is 220,000 why this may be important is when creating a set lets say if you take both fin and bend then so they touch one will stress fracture and the other will not. This gives you a more durable and advantage. Also if you will casting a bird foot that you want to heat and been they notable straight difference is key here so you don't get unnecessary distortions for product to product and stress fractures.

If you have ever ordered for us we have retail pricing and discounts for taxidermists which we share regularly. The products are good and they are many good products but for us it comes down to constancy reliability and performance. I hope this dress your goo question as Rick talks fast and I wrote everything he said.
    For us it comes down to what Picklocks for in he products users to teach with for reliability and performance.
    Kathie

3. Well said Kathie.