1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need a Wood Cock

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Anyone have an extra Wood Cock in their freezer they could part with? The one I have is TOTALLY freezer burned and want to replace it with a nice fresh one!Will pay you for the bird and shipping.Thanks in advance.Cheri

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

Careful Cheri woodcocks can't be bought.only gifted.

3. Well I guess you learn something new everyday...I thought they were just like any upland game bird.Thanks for the heads up.
    OK then I need a GIFTED Wood Cock and will pay shipping!

4. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

They are migratory birds so they have the same rules as waterfowl

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

and...woodcock.......not wood cock.....lol

6. We don't have WOODCOCKS here that is why I don't know much about them. WE do have Snipe though.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Ask for two. They can be a REAL PITA to work with, especially shot ones who may have gotten fluids on their skin and feathers.

8. byrdman

take the wings off and prep separate then attach when mounting it is a lot easier to clean the skin wothout wings floping about

9. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Make sure young children aren't in the same room when your working on it. Young ears hear everything.

10. nate

nate Active Member

I've mounted a couple. Didn't think they were that terrible to work with.

11. Brian

Brian Active Member

I have 2 in the freezer you can have.pm me for how you wanna pay shipping and how you want them shipped.

12. byrdman

right on Nate......may be that here in Mn those are common "practice" birds shot by a lot of grouse hunters who don't eat them.....I know I mounted my first woodcock at around age 11 ...along with blue jays,grackles.rw blackbirds doves and robins....and one nighthawk...miss those days

13. I don't need a Wood Cock anymore! Thanks everyone!