1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

looking to learn

Discussion in 'Training' started by barkalot62, Oct 13, 2006.

1. barkalot62

barkalot62 New Member

Hi I am in Mount Forest Ontario Canada and looking to learn taxidermy. Can anyone help. Either by me driving somewhere for classes or some online courses. Thanks

2. Bubbadrake

Bubbadrake New Member

A friend and I just finished the 8 week course at Missoula Valley School of Taxidermy in Thompson Falls, MT. That is an excellent school to learn everything, Game heads, birds (waterfowl and upland), fish, and full bodies. The instructor, Tim Wood, is a great teacher and takes the time to help anyone and answer any question. He also was very helpful locating specimens for us to mount in class. I would recommend that school to anyone! Well worth the cost of tuition.

3. Bubbadrake

Bubbadrake New Member

The website for Missoula Valley School of Taxidermy is: http://www.taxidermyschools.com/

4. barkalot62

barkalot62 New Member

hi there

thanks for the reply but I am in Ontario Canada. Would you know of any courses there possibly or where to check for them. Thanks once again.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

there are a couple of schools in Michigan, is that to far for you?

6. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

Hello barkalot62, Did you try to check on line, or may be contact your local or regional game officer's they might be your best bet. Good Luck, Jim