1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Carding...

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by frenchydermist, Aug 21, 2016.

1. frenchydermist

frenchydermist New Member

Hi!
    is there a general rule when it comes to carding bird's wing/tail? i see the that some will use masking tape instead of pinned carboard strips...with carboard, do you use pins for each and every feather?
    Let's see some carding work please!!!

2. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Blue tape, cardboard from a case of sodas, hair clips It's what I do!

[​IMG]

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

page through the What's on you Workbench thread and you can see a bunch of methods

4. frenchydermist

frenchydermist New Member

Thanks guys :)

5. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,346806.msg2359639.html#msg2359639

6. Ryan....

I see in your instagram pics how you use the foam and pins on your tails too. Can you kinda explain how you're doing that? Or maybe share with us a closeup pic? I've started using the foam and pins for my flying birds after seeing how you do that and really like it over using all that blue tape. From what I can see it looks like two long euro pins stuck thru each end of a short piece of foam and inserted into the body on both sides of the tail quills. Then a second piece of foam pinned from the top thru each tail quill into the bottom piece of foam essentially sandwiching them together. Is there more to it than that?

7. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the gist of it! Here's a post from Facebook I did a while back...

Attached Files:

8. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

Awesome Ryan! But what about the hoodie