1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dakota V mods

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Wilba, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Wilba

Wilba New Member

Well I recently got myself a Dakota V and having never used one I thought I'd just give some feed back on the mods Ive done to it and it might help someone out.

[​IMG]

I ordered it without a motor as I already had a 1hp motor here and it saved me a heap on shipping. I also got the optional aluminium guards just from what others had said about them. Something I found with this is the shavings fall straight down the tube right next to the belt and pulleys and quickly I had them stuck on the top pulley causing it to vibrate like mad.
    I decided to get some stainless sheet folded up to split the down tube into two sections, one for the belt one for the shavings.

[​IMG]

It fitted snug and it fitted nicely up between the belt and right side of the blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I put a couple of stainless screes on each side to hold it in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can just see the top of the stainless plate here, it totally stopped any shavings going on the belt or pulleys as the majority of shavings fall strait through to the floor below.

[​IMG]

This cost next to nothing and has stopped it vibrating due to build up on the pulley not to mention having to pull it apart to clean them.

Cheers

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Awesome! I have the same problem sometimes with mine . Thanks for sharing !
    Tommy

3. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

Good idea. My Quebecs need that also.