1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Goat advise

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by derhntr, Aug 24, 2016.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

I recently took in a Balearean Bock or feral goat. I have been looking at forms but nobody list's a Balearean Bock. To me it looks like a Spanish Goat is the closes in body size and shape. Has anybody done one of these and which form did you use. Thanks

2. derhntr

derhntr Member

My customer is coming over tomorrow to discuss forms, nobody has an opinion on this.

3. I don't know much about the goats but may have to get something close and alter the form to fit the skin.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Compare pictures of the trophy to other kinds of goats, that forms are available for, and find one close in size and shape and make it fit the skin, and reference pics.

5. derhntr

derhntr Member

Thanks, I've been looking at different forms and it still looks like a Spanish Goat is a close match.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

It does look like a spanish goat. Though IMO there isn't really a nice looking spanish goat form on the market. If you are just looking to get a mount out the door use one of those but IMO whatever form you pick you will need to do a LOT of work on it to make it look anything but boring. Myself I usually alter some other species form.