1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A good day…..

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by den007, Aug 26, 2016.

1. den007

den007 Active Member

Those of you who have a passion for painting fish, as I do, know deep down how you felt with your first successful mounts. Thousands of fish later, it is sometimes a job, or if you would…..work. You can get a bit jaded.

Today, a local young man with a brown trout drove 1.5 hours from Minnesota to check things out. He brought his brown trout caught in a small stream. It was 19 inches long, not all that thick, but to him it was so special. We sat and talked for well over an hour. I could see he was so excited by this fish, it brought to mind the first fish I ever mounted, about a 20 inch brown in Colorado. I painted it with a rattle can auto paint and a sharp stump with pastels. It sucked, but it was so special. These are the times when you realize the value of a skin mount, and put that little extra into your job. It made for a great day.

2. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Ditto.

4. Mark V.

Mark V. Chinook Salmon replica

Fish painting or fish in general is still the best part of my job some 35 plus years later. To me it's the most creative phase of taxidermy there is. I always love when I get to do fish instead of big game and birds. Though fish are the lesser part of our gross income these days. That first fish for a child or a monster for someone who got lucky on their outing. If it weren't for fish taxidermy I would have quit long ago. Mark V.

5. Ditto Ditto!