1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" September Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" September Edition 2016!!!!!!!

A warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire! As summer winds down the autumn temps hit the air here in New England and this means fall Brook Trout fishing and the Anglers search for colorful fish! Bring your camera and lots of memory (or film) and take lot of great reference photos!

A great day in August provides the opportunity for Fishheads, and all taxidermist alike who came to NH to the Anglers Artistry annual cookout! Lot of tips and techniques were shared and great food and friends too! This year fish taxidermy and taxidermist pitched in and helped raise money to help out the Hinsdale Police department buy some needed equipment to help in fighting the terrible crime we have these days in the country. Any opportunity taxidermy and taxidermist can be shared and featured in a good light is a great thing for all of us!

I wan to send out a request for some prayer for our friends in BLUE and all first responders! Goodness only knows the risk and the stress related to the job of being a first responder! Our sociality doesn’t need a dived between safety and the people who provide it. Support your local first responders!

September is a great month to head out with the family and go fishing in or get caught up on the taxidermy projects!! The kids are out of school take them fishing so enjoy the life you have it is a gift!

2016 The year of Inspiration! This year I want to you to find inspiration in the work you do and the work of others! Each and every month folks have the courage to display there work and share their talents regardless of where they are in the pursuit of learning taxidermy to demonstrate all levels of skill. This is a great and a brave thing to give to all of us as a gift of inspiration.

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in August this past month was as the last month of the calendar year for the month in Fish pictures! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to start September with a dedicated gentleman who is not only a talented taxidermist but also a reason why we are safe with a life long career in Law enforcement! A Massachusetts native Mr. Jeff Steely is a great guy who keeps us safe in his capacity of the work he does in Boston. What pleasure it is to share some of Jeff’s client work! I hope you enjoy the work of Jeff Steely!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month of September! See you in October 2016!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

Here is the work of Jeff Steely!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

God Bless you one and all and I hope you all have a safe and Blessed 2016!

My Best!

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road Hinsdale
    New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

2. fishncatalina

fishncatalina Member

My first Ling Cod.

Attached Files:

3. fishncatalina

fishncatalina Member

Ling Cod

Attached Files:

4. fishncatalina

fishncatalina Member

Ling Cod

Attached Files:

5. fishncatalina

fishncatalina Member

Kokanee Scene.

Attached Files:

6. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

[email protected] Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

Cool Ling!!

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

In the words of Danb, a bass on a stick. 12lb Blank from my friends at New Wave Taxidermy. Great blank, even better people.

[​IMG]
    Back Half
    [​IMG]
    Under Head Details
    [​IMG]
    Scale details
    [​IMG]

8. Jimmy Lawrence

Couple bass on a rock... Open mouth is from my friend UFD, www.davecampbellfish.com/supply and the closed mouth is my own mold/cast. Baitfish are Fishmasters(Don Frank)
    [​IMG]
    open mouth
    [​IMG]
    Closed Mouth
    [​IMG]

9. Jimmy Lawrence

Wholesale Skinmount
    [​IMG]

and lastly, a spawner brown trout. Ready for gloss.
    [​IMG]

10. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Probably not a lot of calls from guys wanting to get their Ling Cod mounted, but this one is an absolute beauty.

Also, great job Jimmy, you really put out the work.

11. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" September Edition 2016!!!!!!!

A skin mount white crappie and cast in process. [​IMG][​IMG]

12. Ken 2

Ken 2 Member

Why do I keep opening "The Month in Fish Pictures"? Such amazing mounts! I look at these and then I beat myself up. I used to think I knew how to paint. Great work guys. Thanks for posting.

13. shawn9106

shawn9106 New Member

Those crappie look great! I guess I'll put my subpar crappie in the mix. I'll get there one day until then I keep playing around haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" September Edition 2016!!!!!!!

amazing fish

15. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Great start, Awesome work.

[​IMG]

16. Here is an old Arp replica I had. Customer no show, so I fixed it up and put it in the house.
    [​IMG]

17. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

18" black crappie, original mold & cast...

Attached Files:

18. Jimmy Lawrence

pretty solid month so far and we're a week in! WOW.

Here's a bluegill replica for me. Reverse Curve.
    [​IMG]
    Front Half
    [​IMG]
    Detail shot
    [​IMG]

Spawning Brown Customer Ready. Glossed up and lookin fine! First one in this phase I've done. Really cool fish! Painted lenses.
    [​IMG]
    angled shot
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Eye shot
    [​IMG]

And here's a skinmount Walleye
    [​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Scale shot
    [​IMG]

19. Niel

Niel New Member

HI everyone, I'm new here, from Cape Agulhas South Africa - hope to learn a lot from the skilled artists on this forum!
    I do paintings and drawings as a hobby and hope to include fish reproductions. Here's two I've done so far, I know it's amateur, but have to start somewhere.

Attached Files:

Timjo likes this.
  20. Niel

Niel New Member

pencil drawings - wife with smallmouth bass and common carp

Attached Files: