1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UPS new rates 2017 4.9% increase

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by marshell-with-an-e, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Received this email today, thought i'd share...

Dear UPS Customer,
    Again this year we’ve made investments in the speed, scope and coverage of our transportation network. While we continuously search out opportunities for new efficiencies and implement them within our network, those efforts do not fully offset cost increases. To support ongoing expansion and capabilities enhancements, while striving to maintain the high service levels you expect from UPS, we will increase published rates in 2017.
    2017 Rates Information*
    Effective December 26, 2016, the following changes will take effect:
    Daily rates for UPS® Ground service will increase an average net 4.9%.
    Daily rates for UPS Air and International services, as well as UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
    The Additional Handling charge will be assessed for UPS Air and International packages with the longest side exceeding 48 inches, instead of 60 inches.
    To review and download the new Daily rates today, visit ups.com/rates. For information about other rates and additional charges, visit ups.com/rates on November 18, 2016.
    Thank you for continuing to entrust UPS with your business. We look forward to continuing to serve your business and finding innovative ways to support your future success.

*The impact of these changes on your shipping costs will vary according to your shipping characteristics and the terms of your UPS agreement.

© 2016 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark and the color brown are
    trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.
    For information on UPS's privacy practices, refer to the UPS Privacy Notice.
    UPS, 55 Glenlake Parkway, NE - Atlanta, GA 30328
    ATTN: Customer Communications Dept.

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I avoid using UPS at all costs. Fed Ex and USPS both better options. At least where I am.

3. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I never use UPS for anything! Shipping prices are high as hell and going up even more though fuel is $2 a gallon less these days! Go figure!

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I just sent a fishing rod from Pittsburgh to Woodland Washington. 7' 6'' x 3" cardboard tube + $400 insurance = $42 and change...That was painful.

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    50 bucks that fishing rod gets broken in that tube!

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I already broke it, thats why it had to go back. Guaranteed for life, unless they can find a reason to weasel out of replacing it. They've replaced 3 or 4 for me over the years. Pretty good to deal with.

Now ,if it gets broke on the return trip I'll be bummed.

Interesting that it is still not there yet. According to tracking it just got to WA today...I think I could have walked there in 10days