1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mannikin for kamthatka snowsheep

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by munk, Sep 8, 2016.

1. munk

munk Member

Hi

I Am looking for a good mannikin for kamthatka snowsheep (fullmount )
    Were Can i find a good one ?

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You can find one in any of the catalogs carrying lifesized sheep. The species isn't really relevant as even the "best" ones are likely going to need some modifications. Commercially, right now, I'd suggest DeWayne Dewey's work for nothing other than the face and head work. Still, it depends on what pose you're looking for. The last two I did were put on Dall sheep forms and fit with minimal alterations.

3. munk

munk Member

Thank You (-:

4. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Most Snow Sheep will work on a Dall form but not the Kamchatka, no way, they are huge!! You're going to have to use a Bighorn body and I would highly recommend the Snow Sheep head that Bill Lancaster sells, it's very nice with a little bit of work. Kamchatka rams are very unique because their faces are so short but their head width is incredibly wide. I just finished one up last week that was 10 1/2 years old and the mannikin was 52" girth and the nose to tail was 66' after alterations. Hope this helps you out a bit. They are such a special sheep to work on. Have fun, cool project.