1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

blue crab

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by derhntr, Sep 8, 2016.

1. derhntr

derhntr Member

Not really a fish question but here goes. I have a customer that wants a blue crab reproductions from one he caught with his daughter. I found a past post from George about a site, Chesapeakecrafts, but they have no phone# that I can find and email seems to be bogus. Does anybody know anyone who does repo crabs.

Thanks

2. I've never seen one that looks good enough to purchase. Why not just do the real crab?

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

X2.

4. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Rather than looking for a REPO crab try looking for a REPRO crab. Just my gripe on here. JL

5. derhntr

derhntr Member

He ate the crab but wants a repro done for his 2 year old daughter.

6. Well, I've seen some plastic crabs on EBay for $12 but you'll need to repaint.

7. derhntr

derhntr Member

I've seen those as well, very cheap looking. Never thought this was going to be so darn difficult.

8. It's for a 2 year old. You might be over thinking it. He might want a Repro because she's going to handle it/play with it.

Ask him.

If you need a really good mount for the wall just get a real one and mount it up.

9. derhntr

derhntr Member

He wants the crab base on the size, 18 inches claws spread out tip to tip, and shell 8.25x5, big ass blue crab. I talk with him about every two days. He's in no real hurry just wants some thing of quality.
    Thanks for all in input.

10. That's a monster!

11. [​IMG]

Fresh caught last night. The one in front is 17"

12. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Baker you made me hungry...lol

13. I picked out some good ones for mounting and had a boil with the rest.