1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Northeast Taxidermy/coast to coast fish mounts

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Bryan Russell, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Ummmm, I think if anyone in this thread would know about copyrights and trademarks it would be Mr. Smith.

By the way, you can't copyright/trademark a phrase. (even if you had coined one) You can a slogan, but I don't think you were selling anything with "buzzard's luck".

2. My Grandpa was using that phrase when I was a little kid, way before 1966. He was never in Nam. First time I remember hearing it he had dyed and waxed traps and had them in his yard and I had a toy grenade. I would trow it and he was say it and that was I know for a fact 1959.

3. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Now Doug....is that your copyright or did you steal it.....lol.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I wasn't insinuating anything, just explaining what I know and how "public domain" can happen. I'll just wait for "Mr. Smith" to give me chapter and verse

6. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

Good God George, please stop helping people LOL. This information is entirely wrong, also. As I said before, anything rendered in the us is protected by copyright. If you want to take someone to court, you have to register your existing copyright. It's not that you'll "play hell" (lol) winning any court cases without having your copyright registered, it's literally impossible. It's not allowed in court (maybe that's "playing hell"??). You can register any copyrightable works anytime you wish, but thousands of cases have been won when the plaintiff registered their copyright after they've been infringed upon. Is it a good idea to register your work well ahead of taking someone to court? Yes. Is it necessary? No. Everytime I get on here, George is in some gigantic battle with the world, which is why I don't get on here anymore, but in this case, there are people that might need REAL information. Maybe the laws have changed since George invented the question mark, and invented the internet, IDK, but he's pulling a lot of info out of his @ss Not good!

7. George

No battles st all. You just validated everthing I said. It amounts to the early bird getting the worm on filing delayed copyrights. As I said initially, if you'd bothered to read and could understand English, America has an IMPLIED COPYRIGHT LAW. "Playing hell" in most circles I affiliate with means "next to impossible". I simply asked you to cite the US Code you were speaking of. I'm assuming you have some law degree or training. U didn't expect it to take that much effort to quote page and paragraph.

8. I don't even know why the hell this thread was even posted in the fish taxidermy category to begin with.

9. den007

den007 Active Member

Dave, some of us understand. You are absolutely correct. Clear and convincing proof of "douchebaggery." No, I did not copyright the term, but I love to use it on idiots. ( Not you! Some folks obsessed with status quo of fish eyes.....)

We all need a new dictionary..............Bill something or other who was supposed to moderate this site once called me a retard ( or implied it directly) because I like wolves.....and live in an area where they are abundant. When I called him a douchebag after his kind words, he was insulted! :'( He told me I could not do this.) i informed him I just did, and would not retract it for any reason. ;D

10. George

Is this going somewhere?

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Haha, It never does. Someone's in the bottle again.

12. den007

den007 Active Member

You are correct George........it is going nowhere.......kind of like the school game where one sentence starts a book, each student then writes another, and soon it becomes a life of its own. Actually a good lesson in school, not one for aduts to play.

As for Cole, howis it with you who are so close to God? Label everyone that has a bone to pick with you as a Satan advocate, "libtard" ....drunk....or something you cannot explain rationally???? But of course, being God's chosen ones, you would know. It is a miracle!

Some heavy talented taxidermistshave posted some good things here. You can agree or disagree as to whether the T shirt logo is a copy. I believe that was the issue here. Mike Kroessig is a hugely gifted artist, and to copy his work is criminal. Frankly, I have heard enough from 1fish 2 fish to make me gag. On this and many other posts.

It is 3:57 in the afternoon and I have not finished even half this bottle of Tequila. (Ba hahahahaha) . Going up north to catch some great smallies tomorrow with a guide and client who has handed me some of the largest smallies for skin mounts I have ever seen.

Cole, don't rub up any closer to that buck...........it can get stimulating and of course you know that. El venado especial! Grunt grunt.

Feel the love! :-*

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You are one odd dude. You're also a liar. I never mentioned God, or described my relationship with him. I never mentioned Satan. I never used the phrase "libtard", because I find it offensive, and I never called anyone a drunk. To be fair, I did insinuate that you sometimes get drunk and post incoherent babble on taxi.net, but that's not really the same thing.