1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Smells Like a SCAM

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by BO-N-ARO, Sep 21, 2016.

1. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Anyone received anything like this lately??
    First email:
    Hi, My name is Palmer Katina.
    I have a Black Bear But right now is with mr Simon in Alaska, The Bear measures from tip of tail to tip of nose 9ft 5 inches. Measures from paw to front paw 8ft. 11 inches weight 400 pounds also it's already tanned and skinned. All the necessary documents will be deliver to you with the tag and the hunter license copy, but i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand with habitat around it. how much it will cost and how many months it will take you. also do you accept Credit card?

I felt this was not legit but did reply asking how they got my name and told them I did not except Credit Cards. This is their reply:
    Thanks for your respond.
    Right now am in Hawthorne hospital recovering from longs cancer surgery, but the bear is in Alaska now with the Mr Simon and i will like you to pay you a deposit of $1,500 pending the time that the bear will get to you.
    I will pay the full balance once you have the estimate price that will cost for the mount. And i will like you to do me a little favor, I will like you to help me charge additional $5,000 on my credit card which the estimate total is going to be $5,500 that you will charge on my credit card, Once the fund clear to your account keep your deposit then the remaining 3k you will help me to send it to Mr simon so that the bear can be shipped to you immediately he got the money because am owing him.

2. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

SCAM 1000% to start a 9'5" 400# black bear not possible + the rest is all scam!

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

These scams make me laugh. You told him you don't accept credit cards and they proceed to try to tell you to charge it anyways.

1) What hospital doesn't accept charge cards these days?!
    2) If you in the hospital with cancer the last thing you will be worrying about is getting a bear mounted.

This guy needs to get a new line of B.S. to help keep us entertained. If I got that I pass it to my son who would string him along saying his credit card didn't go through etc. and anything else to annoy his while he thinks he has a fish on the hook.

4. rigbobby

rigbobby Active Member

SCAM! I got the same thing, only he was wanting an elk, and in the hospital for ear surgery. When I told the person I did not accept credit cards, he went on and on about needing to use a credit card.

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Mr. Simon has been around for a few years already, lol

6. yep I got it,, it's a scam as far as I am concernd,, no dealing with this nut,,

7. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Yup, a scam. I got the same one yesterday. I would love to see a 9 ft black bear. LOL.

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

longs cancer should have been the warning sign

9. I got it yesterday and was curious so I replied, they then replied with the hospital story stated above but it was from Mann Philip. So I know there are hackers everywhere but I am feeling like one of our suppliers which is the only thing we have in common may have an employee selling our email addresses knowing that anyone shopping at these sites are taxidermist. I have gone through this once before with White tail institute when I bought food plot seeds on line only that time they had my credit card info and cashed out almost $2000 bucks in Los Vegas. We were able to get our money back then but it took getting a police report and waiting about 5 weeks.

10. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Got it again yesterday for the second time. Just deleted and moved on.

11. nate

nate Active Member

I just a text about an elk mount. Same crap!!

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Don't be so quick to dismiss this. I kept getting emails from Mombasa Gobaday of Nigeria who asked me to write him a $1000 dollar check and he would send me a million bucks. I figured what the hell and ended up with a million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

Well now you can stop bitching about shipping costs from Mckenzie being a millionaire and all................. ::).

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

You must have me confused with someone else. I am not McKenzie Bitch guy. I only wonder why people act like their shipping ISN'T HIGH!?

15. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Here is the latest scam I have been getting. Not sure what they are trying to gain, whether it's malware or just a virus, or something new.

My virus software deleted the attachment as soon as it hit.

Notice the Title- From FedEx, but there is a funky email too....And they claim they can't seem to get my package to me, but want me to open the label ???? For what? I'm not the one trying to ship anything, why do I need a label? ::)

FedEx My Eye.

[​IMG]

16. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Now I have got similar messages like this and the delete button is the next thing I click on. Another good one I have received is from www.paypa.com. They are trying to disguise it as coming from paypal. The subject line has something about my account needs immediate attention. Click on the link to update your information.