1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

WT replacement nose

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by tacklebox80, Sep 29, 2016.

1. tacklebox80

tacklebox80 New Member

Anyone ever used a replacement from McKenzie on a completed mount? I have a guy whose dog has chewed the nose pad off. I was thinking I can cut out the damaged area insert the replacement.... maybe a lil clay work and of course paint, wondering how well it will transition to the surrounding or any tricks to help blend hides those lines...

Tried a search, nothing came up... Thanks

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    If only the nose pad is gone just rebuild with apoxy sculpt and re-texture and repaint. Something tells me that there is more missing though, and then it still may be possible to make it presentable, can't say for sure, it isn't in front of me.

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Your going to have to soak up the nose and mussel and pull the skin back to install the repo nose. The transition will be as good as your skill allows. I did a few and nobody can tell. But like 3bears said, a little apoxy sculpt, texture is the easier way.

4. tacklebox80

tacklebox80 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Thus far I've only seen a poor pic of the damage. I suppose once he brings it in I'll have an easier time determining which route to go.