1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" October Edition 2016!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" October Edition 2016!!!!!!!

A warm hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire! I just returned from a time spent in Austria! I took the opportunity to visit some taxidermy displays and a few Museums! It is wonderful to know that taxidermy is a serious art allover the world and some truly beautiful works as well! A great deal of the work is still today skin mounts including sharks and any other non traditional skin mount fish that are now typically done though the process of molding and casting. If you ever have the opportunity to do some traveling stop by and be inspired by the work of others!

October is a great month to head out with the family and go fishing in or get caught up on the taxidermy projects!! The kids are out of school take them fishing so enjoy the life you have it is a gift!

2016 The year of Inspiration! This year I want to you to find inspiration in the work you do and the work of others! Each and every month folks have the courage to display there work and share their talents regardless of where they are in the pursuit of learning taxidermy to demonstrate all levels of skill. This is a great and a brave thing to give to all of us as a gift of inspiration.

Once again want to thank and commend all of you, as there are so countless unique contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from many, many years now! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in September this past month was as the last month of the calendar year for the month in Fish pictures! Thanks to all the friends sharing their gifts and talents! I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We all share in fish pictures as a common place with friendliness and positive observations of inspiration as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I thought it would be different and fun to share a few photos of fish work in progress. We all have the opportunity to share work in progress so maybe a few photos of your work in progress this month might just be fun!

I want to start October with a great friend from the one of the most beautiful places in the world West Auckland, New Zealand Mr. Peter Smith! It was out pleasure to meet peter back in 2013 when he spent some time here in New Hampshire working with us. Peter recently competed in the New Zealand Taxidermy Association and I want to share his award winning New Zealand Red Snapper!!!
    So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month of October! See you in November 2016!!!

You're Friend

Rick Krane

The New Zealand Red Snapper by Peter Smith!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road Hinsdale
    New Hampshire 03451
    603-336-7296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com
    https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry

Timjo likes this.
  2. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the species but that's a nice overall presentation, thanks for sharing.

3. JE

JE Well-Known Member

Really liking that Snapper ! a custom mold 21lb "stocky" Brown trout from me, a very dark coloured fish. As usual JL custom painted eyes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. CCarlson

CCarlson Active Member

Dannnng JE. That's a sweet looking fish.

5. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Re: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year10" October Edition 2016!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

62# Blue Catfish
    30" Summer KS 'Eye
    20# Striper

6. lapoisse

lapoisse Member

France
    nice brown JE

Perca fluviatilis
    (Linnaeus, 1758)

[​IMG]

7. Swissfish

Swissfish Well-Known Member

Nice mounts dear fish heads!
    This is a minnow (Phoxinus phoxinus) with a size of 2.95 inches. Male in spawning colors. Skin mount using the real head and fins.

Attached Files:

8. Naturalist

Naturalist Member

Maybe not in this thread. Homemade eye out for pike and perch. Plexiglass, acrylic paint and varnish.

Attached Files:

9. Tims

Tims B&C Moose Daughter shot at age 10

All fish it this thread are awesome, skin mount a minnow how cool is that!!!!! nice eyes to.

10. Niel

Niel New Member

Those are great!
    Care to explain the process you used to create these?

11. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Lot of fish in the works this month, just don't have any except this one finished just yet.

Custom molded, and cast by me . 22x19 From Kentucky.

[​IMG]
    Head Shot
    [​IMG]
    Under head shot
    [​IMG]

12. Naturalist

Naturalist Member

All work - beautiful! Eyes make just. There is nothing difficult. Do in cases of emergency, when there is no time to wait eyes the factory. So. Plexiglass extruded to the desired eye diameter for fish. Cut the excess edges of the plexiglass. Remove dust from the eye. Liberally apply acrylic water lacquer on the inner surface of the Plexiglas (the eye). When it dried, I laid the cut out black paper the pupil of the fish. Two or three drops of varnish on it and it sticks and dries. Then gold acrylic paint, make the brush outline around the pupil. This paint dries. Hereinafter, liberally crumble the entire inner surface of the eye with silver and gold (acrylic), roughly at the same time mixing these two colors with a brush. Immediately add a drop of black paint on the tip of the brush. Work quickly and the paint does not have time to dry. If you get the results in painting, then leave everything to dry. Then cover the inside with varnish (protection). Paints and varnishes - acrylic water. This technique is not new. Translation Google. :)

13. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Inspirational start this month for sure... This is the first skin mount I've done in about 4 years.. Kinda like riding a bicycle I guess...

Best, Steve

Attached Files:

14. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

15. [​IMG] nice fish evryone! Here's a brown trout from me.

16. sosizola

sosizola New Member

Skin mount european perch,22cm.

Attached Files:

17. Beautiful piece.

18. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

34" King Salmon

Attached Files:

19. Steven Klee

11.5 " redear. Original mold & cast.