1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Do I need tags for the spare deer capes in the freezer?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by man2hit, Oct 8, 2016.

1. man2hit

man2hit New Member

If I have spare deer capes in my freezer, do I have to have the tag for each one of them? Never been inspected by the DNR, but I would like to know in case I am this year.
    Also, if I am inspected by the DNR, do I need anything other than the customer's paperwork for things like fish, squirrels, and other small game?

2. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Here in Ohio , I was told by game warden you need all hunters info , ( tag #, name, address, date killed , county ect) on each one or as far as he
    was concerned I shot them all.

3. nick_3401

nick_3401 Member

like would need all the hunters info for each extra cape almost for sure if its a raw Cape. If they are tanned and frozen you may not but really depends on your state.

4. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Its still a deer cape tanned or raw in your freezer, they don't care they want info. Why take the chance?

5. In Texas we are required to have a resource document with a deer antler or cape. I number the document and have the same number on the cape. If questioned I pull out the document and all the info is on it. As the cape is used I simply staple the document to the ticket that took the cape.