1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The passing of Bill Gaither (W D Gaither)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by joker, Oct 12, 2016.

1. It is with a heavy heart that I write this. Bill Gaither lost his battle with cancer today. He was a great friend and fellow artist. He was one of the most talented men I have ever known. He was a great taxidermist, sculpter, and painter. He had a passion for wildlife that was unrivaled. God speed my friend, see you on the other side.

2. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

RIP Bill! I'll always remember you for inspiring me to write. You gave me great advice. Thank you!

I'll always remember the one and only time I met and talked with you at the Springfield IL WTC Show too! We exchanged a great conversation! I'm glad we finally had a moment to meet each other, and had a friendship! Thanks for that moment!

Now you're in God's hands - Bless you!

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Not only a superb taxidermist but an innovator. He was always willing to add his helpful advice whenever asked especially to beginners. We will all miss him. JL

4. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Condolences to his family and friends.

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Always enjoyed his posts on here, condolences sent.

6. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

He sure was an interesting guy. He made his mark here in taxinet too. For a while I didnt quite get him, even knocked heads with him. But that made me like and appreciate him all the more. Sorry to hear of this, but I guess we knew it was coming. Sad.

7. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Condolences to his family . Thanks for the emails back and fourth in the past and the information given. He was a great artist and taxidermist , RIP .

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Few of us ever knew the deeper story than taxidermy or art of Bill. I was so privileged to be one he confused his "other life" to. As remarkable and talented as he was, his early life stories from his adventures in the "spook world" allowed us to share many laughs. God speed, brother.

9. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Sad day, I always enjoyed reading his posts.. My condolences to his family.

10. Wolf

Wolf AHOOoooooo!

Condolences! I just saw the news. I wouldn't be half the artist I am without his mentoring via the chat so many years ago, as well as the summer helping with with museum displays. Not on the forum much anymore but this was where I met him and will remember him most.

11. ByGolly

ByGolly Well-Known Member

https://www.facebook.com/bill.gaither.18?pnref=friends.search

Bills page with tons of his work. I suppose only friends can see but I am not sure of that.

12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Bill was an amazing artist. I will miss him.

13. ByGolly

ByGolly Well-Known Member

The Memorial service for Bill Gaither is Saturday, November 5, 2016 at First Baptist Church. Starting at 1:00pm. 400 Linden St., Ludlow Ky. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to The American Cancer Society or Ducks Unlimited.
    Erin Whitehead Rowland Sarah Jean Rice Zach Bezold

14. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Liked his posts. I will tip one for you.