1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

W.D. Bill Gaither (Cur)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ByGolly, Oct 13, 2016.

1. ByGolly

ByGolly Well-Known Member

My friend Bill Gaither passed away this morning.

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Condolences to you Bob. Bill and I shared an internet friendship that will sorely be missed. We always laughed that he took the name "Cur" because he was a bigger curmudgeon than I was. RIP Bill.

3. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

X2.....JL

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

My condolences to Bill's family and friends.

5. Pg

Pg New Member

My heart was broken when I found out Billy passed away. My name is Patricia. Billy always called me Patty. We go back 50 years. We were engaged three times.

Billy had a sense of adventure that I'd never seen before. He was tasting all of life and there were no boundaries. I could not set those boundaries.

I had to move on. If I had, he would be miserable. I did that for him. I loved him deeply. You can love someone that much you know.

Bill was from Ludlow KY. Many of my family members were from Ludlow. I met him when I was 17. He was on furlough from the Air Force that incredible day. Oh yes, it was a day that I will take with me one day and pray I see him once again. We promised each other we would meet again, hopefully he has settled down by then! :) If not, that's OK. He always said I would eventually be his bride. I always laughed. We tried many times to make it work. Let me tell you about W.D.Gaither. He was the most compassionate man I've ever met. His love for wildlife, fishing, Japan, art, sculptures, taxidermy.. I could go on and on. Bill lived his life to the fullest, and he didn't need me dragging along. I loved him enough to say "No", I'm moving on. We were always in each others thoughts.

The soul.

Billy believed in the soul , through his art. He really liked being the wolf. I'm the fox. I even have a store called the Whimsey Fox on Ebay. Yes, I am whimsey and Billy really tried to break me in, and I'll never forget when I wore a white pantsuit on a fishing trip!!! The wolf and the fox is a good combination!

God Bless you Bill Gaither! I love you and I :'(will never forget you!

I know how important each of you are to Billy, and he thanks you for giving him one bang of a life. God Bless each of you and be safe. Patricia

6. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

RIP Bill! My sincere condolences to your Family and friends - we will all miss you. I'm happy to have met you - many Thanks!

Bruce Rittel

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Patty, I certainly didn't know Bill as well as you, but from what I do know, I know he's shedding tears over such a beautiful tribute and epitaph. We've all lost some measure of beauty with his passing, and I, for one, share you loss.

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

So sorry to hear the news. A great taxidermist and a nice man! Prayers to the family.

Rick Krane