1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help me pick the best position for my mulie!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Saskatchewkiller, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Saskatchewkiller

Saskatchewkiller New Member

I'm not sure what position i should tell my taxidermist to do. I have wanted a upright straight because it makes the buck appear "tough" but i have heard many negatives about them. I want to show off his rack and his big body mass. He weighed 300 lbs. he's a 6 by 5 with a huge extra 10 inch point on his left. 25 in wide and nice rough bases.

Let me know what would look good on this old buck..

Attached Files:

2. Left turn.. semi sneak

3. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

That would make a great mount at any position.... That is one big sucker. What area did you get him? Congratulations....

4. Saskatchewkiller

I know i couldn't go wrong with semi sneak but i already have 2 of them. What about full upright with left turn

5. Saskatchewkiller

he is a saskatchewan river hills deer.

Thanks man

6. Saskatchewkiller

Here is his left side

Attached Files:

• mule.jpg
      mule.jpg
      File size:
      110.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Saskatchewkiller

300 lb body

Attached Files:

8. buckman170

buckman170 Member

Lancaster semi sneak wall pedestal.

9. Carls1

Carls1 New Member

Wall pedestal

10. whitetails and fish only

whitetails and fish only Well-Known Member

Go to your taxidermist and check out his display of deer heads and talk it over with him. That should give you a pretty good idea of what you want to see in your mount. That looks like a deer of a lifetime so you want to get it right.

11. blindluck

blindluck Active Member

You have a great buck, I think upright mounts don't look very good especially straight on, to me they don't look very natural and too stiff, they usually can't showcase a swollen neck as many big Mulie bucks have especially late season, I've seen some awesome offset shoulder semi sneaks that have had the heads turned to 45 degrees and they look awesome. Good luck

12. blindluck

blindluck Active Member

Sorry, actually I meant full sneak head cranked to 45 deg but the semi sneak is great too.

13. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have seen hundreds of deer looking right at me in a straight upright pose. If that is the pose you like, then get it done that way. It is a natural pose and if you have deer done in different poses, this pose might look great on the wall with the others. It's your deer and your wall.

14. Saskatchewkiller

Thanks for the input guys

15. brian89

brian89 Member

Coombs full sneak wall pedestal, or an Aaron Connelly wall pedestal..

16. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

I hope your taxidermist is the best one you can find. Mulies like that don't come along very often, even if you live in prime Canadian Mule Deer country. A full sneak wall pedestal would look great on an old warrior like that.

17. Saskatchewkiller

Thanks, I have used my taxidermist before and i've been very happy with him, so i should be good.

18. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    I would floor pedestal that bad boy. Their are only a hand full of guys that post here that can make a straight mount look killer. Boxie from Texas is one of them.

19. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

I second that on Boxie, haven't see any Mulies from him, but his whitetails are top notch!

20. blindluck

blindluck Active Member

Do you have any pictures of his straight upright mounts, I would love to see the differences from what I have seen over the years?