1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Carlos Adams daughter

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by kpa0022, Oct 18, 2016.

1. kpa0022

kpa0022 New Member

Hey guys,

My name is Kailey Adams and my dad was Carlos Adams. I am not sure if any one remembers him or not, but I figured this was worth a shot. My dad was an extremely talented taxidermy before he lost his battle to cancer almost 17 years ago.

Anyways, I am getting ready to go on my first hunt since he passed away. I am currently living in Colorado working on my Master's degree. I will be hunting bull elk the next two weekends. I was wondering if anyone knew a good taxidermist in the San Luis Valley, South Central Colorado? I was also wondering if anyone could give me an idea for pricing? I am wanting a cape mount (if I'm able to get an elk).

It feels weird asking these questions knowing if my dad were still here that I would probably already know the answers.

Thanks for any advice
    -Kailey Adams

2. A lot of us on this forum knew or know of your father. I'm in South Texas so I'm not sure who you should use in Colorado.

3. Blumfield
    Address: 137 3rd St, Clifton, CO 81520
    Phone: (970) 434-9299

Not in the valley but worth the drive.

4. Hi Kaily!! Not sure if you will remember me but your dad was staying with me in the Houston area while he was being treated at MD Anderson. I was just thinking about Jamie the other day...and your great grandmother! Amazing to think it has been 17 years. Glad to see you are doing well!!

Dana

ps...butterfly kisses ;)

5. Alamo Man

Alamo Man New Member

Kailey can you give me a call please. James 830-995-5658

6. Kailey,
    I knew your dad and he was a very talented taxidermist,
    I'm sure you will find some nice guys on here that remember him as well.
    Good luck on your hunt!
    Marshell

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Hi Kailey,

Thanks for posting! I'm fortunate to be able to say that I knew your Dad and I looked up to him. Not only was he a great guy, but he was an extraordinary Bird Taxidermist. When I was transitioning from hobby to commercial bird taxidermy, he was always willing to help me...and did so on more than one occasion. I can't believe it's been almost 20 years ago. I want you to know that I wound up with Carlos' bird fleshing wheel and still have it to this day. There hasn't been a single time that I've been on that wheel that I haven't thought about something he said or taught me. Congrats on your achievements and finishing your Master's....your Dad would be very proud.

Best of luck on your hunt,

Matt
    Blue Ribbon Birds DVD

8. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Kailey- it's good to see you on here. I agree with John- Greg Blumfield is a great taxidermist. My husband is Danny Owens and he and I spent a lot of time with your dad. He was such a talented man and nice to boot. He and Brad Pharr used to work together on their competition pieces. It was a battle to them to see who would out score who. They were always very close in score. Sometimes Carlos won and sometimes Brad won but it didn't matter, it was a game to them. We were much younger then and had a great time at the shows we all attended. I probably have some pictures stored somewhere. I'll have to look and let you know. Good luck to you. I know he's looking down on you everyday and proud of the woman you have become. If we can ever help you, give us a call.