1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Calling All Photography Guru's

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by EA, Oct 18, 2016.

1. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

You did well. I hope she enjoys it. Post some pics.

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

SB, The camera has turned out much like I figured. She had to have it...Now it sits.
    Somebody needs to use it, so I took it with me hunting Saturday. I always seem to see something cool, and find myself thinking "boy I wish I had a camera".

Well, Nothing has changed. :) Even toting a camera, I was too slow on the draw. I saw a real nice black squirrel and some turkeys and couldn't get a picture before they busted me and ran off. ::)

I outfoxed them tho and decided to utilize my trusty Chevy Mobile Wildlife Blind. I was able to drive right up on these ringneck. It was a rainy day and I saw more ringneck in an hour than I've seen in yrs.
    They were all out on the dirt roads scavenging. I need to pick up some zoom lenses. Most deer I saw were just too far away to get a nice picture.

Lots to learn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are getting to use the camera. Make sure and play with adjustments in your photos on the computer to tweak/enhance the images.

Sad story. I went out a couple days ago to scout some possible deer hunting locations. I brought my camera and a coyote rifle. I walked a couple shelter belts with the camera in hand, and took many photos of grouse, partridge, redpoles, jackrabbits, and even a young coyote I walked in on. Later, I had a herd of around 100 pronghorn heading towards me, and got some great shots with excellent light. I stopped one last time near a drainage to see if I could call up a coyote. I decided to check through my pictures, and the image on the screen said "NO CARD IN CAMERA". What a total idiot!!! Not one photo. It sucks to get old and stupid.