1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mammal of the Week

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by wa, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Thanks all for the feedback. Keep up the great work.

2. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

That is just a standard Brian Harness form
    Thanks, that puts a smile on my face getting a compliment from one of the best. As you know bobcats and coyotes arent the easiest to make look good but when you pull it off they look great. Also that is a bad pic of the coyote it looks better than the pic shows.

3. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

Finally completely finished my latest bobcat. After I posted it earlier in this thread I noticed a few flaws and was able to fix them. Its amazing what you can see in a photo that you don't notice with the naked eye - or at least for me.

Mike

4. ed150

ed150 deer city time

black wolf i did

5. Wild Images

Wild Images New Member

[​IMG]

1/2 Lifesize Goat taken last fall .

6. almt1012

almt1012 New Member

mounts look great!!!

7. coyotman

coyotman New Member

they look awsome...... thinking on doing a head mount with my coyote

8. coyotman

coyotman New Member

look good

9. Here's my first coyote. Done TONS of heads and several other LS mammals. Base is pretty lame but i had to get it ready for a show in a hurry.

[​IMG]

10. mark1970

mark1970 If it looks good and its got a big rack,mount it!

nice yote

11. maybe there in the snow but carnt see any toes on the rear leg....

12. romad0220

romad0220 New Member

Texas
    Not a bad looking yote. I still havent decided what to do with the one I have. These Texas coyotes dont get a nice winter coat like the ones up north.

13. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Nice job on the yote. Here is another.

14. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Tom very nice yote! i really like that pose

15. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Tom, very nice pose and mount! I want to buy a coyote now just to put together a piece like that.

16. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Tom M, nice looking mount! I am not a big fan of the howling pose, but that mount may have changed my mind.

17. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Crankin, Nina, and Marty, Thanks for the kind words. The pose is not my favorite but it was the customers request. Keep up the good work, it is taxidermist like yourselfs that inspire some of us others.

18. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

Nice job on the yote ,Tom !

19. Mink

Mink New Member

Here's a fun mount I just did today--a squirrel stealing a hotel room key! (I didn't purposely take that key, it somehow ended up coming home with us in a suitcase after we got back from the Florida taxidermy competition) I'm not sure what I'll do for a habitat for this yet. I was thinking I might put something there that looks like hotel carpeting, as if the squirrel got into a room using that key!

[​IMG]

20. Needs more habitat work but this is all I have this week. The ice and lack of electricity and water set me back a bit.

[​IMG]