1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life-Size Elk Scam ?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Glass eye, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Anybody else receive this email ? What customer wants to know your MAXIMUM price, they want to know your minimum.

Hello
    I'am Mario,i should have Visit or Call your shop in person but presently am in the Hospital receiving my hearing impaired treatment of which I will undergo surgery in some days time, I will like to know the MAXIMUM price you will build a life size full body mount with habitat?... Its a Surprise special honor Gift for my Father.

For the skin, I had contact my late friend's hunter who got him an Elk Skin & Antler along with Tag and also with 5 Skull Mounts. He told me it will take him 3weeks to Hunt fresh Elk for me which will comes with the Tag number and documents.

1: Let me know your MAXIMUM price for an Elk Skin & Antler along with Tag and also with 5 Skull Mounts?
    2: How long will it take you to finish the Job?
    3: Did you accept credit card as method of Payment?
    Regards
    Mario

2. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

If you have to ask if something is a scam, it's a scam.

3. Yes I got email almost just like that about month ago showed up in spam file.

4. EA

EA Well-Known Member

LOL, It's really sad that these emails actually fool people. Not referring to you Glass Eye, but others who end up taken.

Normal people are shopping for the lowest price. These clowns are shopping for the highest, and just so there's no misunderstanding give me your MAXIMUM price. ;D

I suppose saying "I have one stolen card here pal. Help me hit it hard" would raise some red flags.

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Maximum price hell I would tell him 5 million. IF it goes threw pack your crap and leave the country for at least 4 years . No telling what the hell we're getting ourselves into with the next president.

6. Owl Ridge

Owl Ridge New Member

I got the same Email. Now I got a text message this afternoon, but they mixed it up a little by saying "Bull Skull Mounts". "Let me know I can proceed via text message or will that be a problem?.....,,," Here is the number (702) 718-3570

7. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

Maximum price? 1 billion dollars! Muahaha

8. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Just a variation of the others going around about "mounting a bear standing on all four legs." Even includes some of the old familiar lines about being hearing impaired so they don't have to talk to you on the phone, currently in the hospital etc.

If I were in the hospital facing surgery or a major illness the last thing I would be concerned about is having something mounted!